Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ADOBE SHOCKWAVE Player Version 12.1 CAN'T DOWNLOAD

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 PM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

Hi. I have a windows 7 computer, its really a combleepter if you ask me, but its a Dell Laptop and I tried to download adobe shockwave player version 12.1 and the stupid thing says its a success, but when I go to play the program that requires  adobe shockwave, it tries to redownload and then gives me this "Error Opening File for writing. And gives me the garbage not telling me how to solve it but telling me to press abort to stop the download, tells me to retry which does the same thing,a nd gives me the option to cancel. I looked after hitting abort and on the Downloader I pressed "SHOW DETAILS," and On the bottom Line Here's what I saw.

Delete file: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\M5drvr32.exe
Delete file: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\M5if32.dll
Delete file: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\np32dsw_1213153.dll
Delete file: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\SwDir_1213153.dll
Output folder: C:\Windows\system32
Skipped: msvcp100.dll
Skipped: msvcr100.dll
Output folder: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe
Output folder: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director
Extract: M5drvr32.exe
Extract: M5if32.dll
Can't write: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\Director\SWDNLD.EXE

PLEASE HELP. THIS IS URGENT. I really need somebody to help me with this. My combleepter is a Dell Latitude D620 laptop which really don't know if dell just doesn't like making good computers or what but I really need to get this thing to work VERY QUICKLY. I don't know if you could even help me, and I tried getting support from the forums at adobe's place no success. This is the only computer forum system at bleepingcomputer.comthat is of any use to me. Thanks and God bless. Excuse all the language. I AM JUST PROFOUNDLY FURIOUS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hi,

I'm not going to try to fix the Adobe thing first. Let's make sure that all is well with the system before trying that again.

I'm assuming that your OS is up to date with all of the updates and patches. What is your security software and is it current? Have you run any scans? How much free space is on the C:\ drive?

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

Yes. I have scanned for viruses, for malware, and all of that. I have like 60GB free out of 74 GB. I am up to date as specified by checking my computer. Its Windows 7 and  It is a Dell Latitude D620

Hi,

I'm not going to try to fix the Adobe thing first. Let's make sure that all is well with the system before trying that again.

I'm assuming that your OS is up to date with all of the updates and patches. What is your security software and is it current? Have you run any scans? How much free space is on the C:\ drive?

Keep us posted

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:08 PM

Does the install work if  you use the full installer here.

#5 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

No. It does not.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,625 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

Download Microsoft Installer Cleanup. This was pulled by Microsoft because people were breaking their Office installs but it is okay to use if you are carefull. Run the program. Look for anything related to Shockwave. Remove only things related to Shockwave. If you see nothing Shockwave related exit out of the program. If you do remove the entry by highlighting and select Remove. Reboot and try to install again.

Windows-Installer-CleanUp-Utility_1.png

#7 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

I can't download. When I went to download the CleanUp it said ermission denied.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,625 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

Download it here.

#9 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Download it here.

OK. I got All ShockWave removed. I removed from recycle Bin as well. I then shut down, rebooted. I went to install  Adobe ShockWave. I was successfully able to install it. Now when I go to open a program up that requires the use of Adobe. Its is any program that needs Adobe Shockwave. OK. I do this, and it takes me to the installation again to install Adobe Shockwave Player. I don't know why when I already installed the  bleeeeeeeeeping thing. Anyhow, I reinstall it and it says once again success. I go to open the program that requires the Shockwave and guess what. It gives me the Error message that I'm having trouble with. The Error opening file  for writing or whatever I said that message was. WHEN THE PROGRAM IS ALREADY INSTALLED. Its obvious that Adobe Shockwave is already installed. So if its installed and I open any sort of program that requires ADOBE SHOCKWAVe it gives me that error? WHEN SHOCKWAVE CLAIMED IT WAS SUCCESSFUL.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,625 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

I am really out of ideas on this. The only thing I can think of is to uninstall Adobe Shockwave using Revo Uninstaller. You can install the Pro version. It's good for 30 days, Use the Installer Cleanup utility in safe mode to see if there are any entries for Shockwave. Install Shockwave again.

#11 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:11 AM

Download it here.

OK. I got All ShockWave removed. I removed from recycle Bin as well. I then shut down, rebooted. I went to install  Adobe ShockWave. I was successfully able to install it. Now when I go to open a program up that requires the use of Adobe. Its is any program that needs Adobe Shockwave. OK. I do this, and it takes me to the installation again to install Adobe Shockwave Player. I don't know why when I already installed the  bleeeeeeeeeping thing. Anyhow, I reinstall it and it says once again success. I go to open the program that requires the Shockwave and guess what. It gives me the Error message that I'm having trouble with. The Error opening file  for writing or whatever I said that message was. WHEN THE PROGRAM IS ALREADY INSTALLED. Its obvious that Adobe Shockwave is already installed. So if its installed and I open any sort of program that requires ADOBE SHOCKWAVe it gives me that error? WHEN SHOCKWAVE CLAIMED IT WAS SUCCESSFUL.

What program are you trying to use? Maybe that's the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users