I have a weird one. Out of the blue for the past several days if not weeks my client will get emails with a modified subject of [Spam] in front of the original subject
What I have ruled out:
MXRecord - Pointing to my spam filter. The option to do this has been turned off for years and is still off so they are out.
Hosted Exchange Providing The Email - Their options that could possibly do this has also been turned off for years.
The main user I am researching this on is using Outlook 2010
I checked Add-Ins and nothing security wise (Symantec, Antivirus, Email Protection, etc. none of that is listed)
This happens if they email internally as well as externally (Internal example: someone on the same domain: Example firstname.lastname@example.org email Janet@mypc.com)
This client her and I been emailing back and forth for years and our emails are getting tagged "only" on her end with Spam but once she gets that she can reply/forward it to me and that tag remains but the question is what is putting the tag there in the first place.
98% of this environment is Symantec and yes I checked and also for years we removed email protection and so on.
The only recent change was their Sonicwall Firewalls due the previous ones getting fried by a power surge. Short of that not much really has changed here.
If it were blacklisting since this is hosted Exchange it would be the public IP of what the Hosted Exchange server is on not theirs but still haven't completely ruled that out yet but if I understand this aspect of technology as well as I think I do I think that is a no to being the cause.
I asked my firewall guru if possible if it's the Sonicwalls doing it but in the meantime since I recently signed up here and was already reprimanded for further commenting on a subject I figure I will start a new one and see what the outcome is. That is the answer and how I am treated on here.