Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thermal shutdown no operating system

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WLG

WLG

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

I have a dell latitude E6410 with a i5 vpro. Went to do a fresh install due to some freezing! I wiped hard drive. Then went to do a bios reset and it shutdown with no warning! rebooted and fond it was thermal shutdown! About 6 months ago I cleaned out and redid heat sinks with Artic Silver thermal paste. Had no problems tell 2 days ago when my older son and daughter came over and used it. Then it stated freezing up!! That is my  issues! Fan is working I can hear it getting faster closer to shutdown it gets!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

WLG, it has been my experience that Dell Latitudes run good, but hot. It might be to your benefit to have a cooling pad under it. What I did on my D620, if you have a nearby Big Lots (no, I don't work there), is get one of these:

http://www.biglots.com/p/ihome-15in-notebook-cooling-pad

$10 plus tax, works good. Hope this helps.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

Can you run in safe mode?

Have you tried to run Dell Diagnostics?

Louis

#4 WLG

WLG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

I have no operating system in stalled! Any way it seems as it has fix it self after I was finally able to reset BIOS. It allowed me to install my Windows 7. It was strange that it did not feel hot nor did it run for more than 30 seconds after I got into BIOS settings. So I am assuming BIOS was out of whack. I've had it running for 4 hour straight updating and no issues. Knock on wood!!!

#5 WLG

WLG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

Oh yes! Thank y'all for the in put!

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback...here's hoping :).

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users