I've had a BSOD on monday night (09/22) and since then my laptop has been having some issues. I'm gonna list below my specs and some of the issues.
- SO: Windows 7 Home Premium
- Laptop model: ASUS N76V
- Antivirus or other security software I use: Avira and Spybot S&D
Issues observed since 09/22:
- These events occurred right after the first BSOD: Google Chrome would not even open. Tried reinstalling it, but reinstall would fail. Tried to update Avira, update failed to install too. I was postponing to install the pile of Windows Update I had, decided to finally install them, and they were gone. Update manager failed to look for available updates. Restarted the computer and most of these went back to normal.
- Google Chrome tabs started crashing (oh,snap screen) very often. Windows explorer also started crashing out of nowhere.
- The icons from my bookmarks were gone once. Came back to normal once I restarted the computer.
- Some of the options from the Avira tray icon disappeared. This happened two times. Restarting the computer usually brings it back to normal.
- Can't activate Windows Firewall (I believe it was already active). I get an error by trying to activate it (0x8007042c).
- Tried some malware scans, all came back clean. I once booted in safe mode and got a BSOD from there. This got me kinda worried.
- Been randomly having BSODs ever since Monday. Sometimes with a very short interval between them. Already ruled out overheating.
So, even though I tried a few scans I can't seem to find this malware, if that's really a malware. What should I do?