Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Input Not Supported" directly after powering on PC.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Smokesick

Smokesick

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:24 AM

Hello everyone!

Issue: Whenever I turn on my computer (from the power button) I get a "Loading Asus Express Gate" and right after I get splashed with a "Input Not Supported" floating box. This issue is different than the other "Input Not Supported" threads because they all manage to at least boot up and get to see the motherboard's boot logo and settings. Here, I don't have this luck and therefore I can't even think of getting in Safe Mode. Whenever I get this error, soon after I witness that the computer doesn't even calculate anymore (no red blinking light), although it is still on. What follows is my only option - to shut it down.

Backstory: To present a little backstory of my life with the current ATI Radeon HD5570 I have, well, around 3 years ago I started to get random BSoDs with a very common error caused by "atikmdag.sys". I've tried all kinds of different ways to fix it, including installing, reinstalling drivers, switching GPUs, changing display options, cleaning PC, etc. etc. and never managed to fix it. The BSoD would normally appear mid-game or when I use a more GPU consuming program, such as Photoshop (when painting and working on large scales). I couldn't do anything and in the end just dealt with it. For about an year and a half I've been having this problem, until at one point in the beginning of 2013 (I believe) I got a different BSoD (caused by something other than "atikmdag.sys") and after that I have had no more issues. Magically it self-fixed itself! Woah, how's that for being lucky!

Recent events: So far so good, but two days ago it started again (the horrific past of this GPU) and "atikmdag.sys" spoke up again. BSoDs started appearing again as I played games with textures and polygons shifting very weirdly (stretching, deforming, deplacing, etc.) Soon after these symptoms a Display Driver crash or freeze (or BSoD) follows up. Being pissed off at it I started to try to fix it again. I downlaoded the new driver, installed it, check and it didn't work. I cleaned the PC and still no luck. I messed around with the settings but still no luck, and in the end, I decided to completely remove the drivers.

Moments before issue: Now, before I actually messed it completely up (though I did not expect it to happen like this), well when I uninstalled the ATI drivers I also removed the automatic Windows display driver for ATI Radeon HD5570 which downlaoded by default. It kept on asking to install it, but I refused for it to do so in the future and in the end I got rid of it, so that I could (hopefully), reinstall everything clean from the beginning, without having Windows decide on instaling the VGA driver itself. And so I did, but when I restarted the computer and booted it up, the issue started appearing. Ever since I haven't been able to do anything.

I am currently working with the motherboard GPU which is far from good, but still working, and yesterday I even tried to remove any traces left from ATI on my computer. Yet again, when I place the GPU once more the problem occurs, so now I'm stuck with the motherboard's card. If I place the HD5570 in my PCI-E, the computer starts to load from that card and disables the on-board one and therefore I can't do anything while the ATI card is in its slot.

Other threads have said that the problem is because the monitor is trying to display something that is not supported, but I do not know how to change that when I can't even get to BIOS. The only thing that seems to be a fact is that the card is potentially not pulverized, burned, whatever, because I can see the very initial "Loading Asus Express Gate" when I power the PC on. Other than that, it's pitch-black with a floating "screw you" bubble on the monitor, forcing me to switch to the silly motherboard GPU.

System specs:

Monitor: ACER AL1715
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD5570 (currently using on-board card)
CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
RAM: Kingston KHX1600C9A3DB1K2/4G (2 * 2kit of 2GB) - 8GB DDR3
PSU: Cooler Master GX 650w
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Edited by Smokesick, 25 September 2014 - 12:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users