Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS RT N66R Port Forwarding Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dominion Wolf

Dominion Wolf

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:27 AM

Hello,

I have an ASUS RT N66R wireless router that I bought some time ago.  I have been using it with little to no problem whatsoever.  However a recent issue with a loss of credentials forced me to have to reset the router to factory standards.  I can connect to it and set almost everything up, however the problem comes in with the portforwarding feature of the device.

When I attempt to forward a port, say for example the xbox live port, it simply will not work.  Hitting the apply button does absolutely nothing, where as it would save all settings in any other page of the administration.  Hitting the add button, however does something rather strange.  It adds the word "undefined" next to the port number, in this case 3074.

Attached File  undefined.bmp   395.69KB   3 downloads

I have tried using different browsers, resetting to factory standards and many other things, but I cannot get this feature to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

~Dominion Wolf

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:52 AM

I am looking online on how to forward ports on that router and if I am reading it right that box is looking for a range. try entering 3074-3074. 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users