Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft .NET 4.5.1 FAILURE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

For weeks now I have been trying to install this stupid, pointless, "recommended" update. I let it go for a while because it didnt really affect me. Then i got bored one night and tried to figure it out. Microsoft had a "Fix-it" item that was meant for this. It didnt work. So they also instructed to uninstall my current .net applications and reinstall the old versions, then proceed with the update.Didnt work, as the old version wont even install. Is there a way i can just get this to leave the recommended section of windows updates? or could somebody help me get this solved so I no longer have to worry? The help would be much appreciated.

Also, could I have help trying to clean and speed up my 4 year old laptop, or should i start a new topic for that?

(No known viruses, I'm magic in that respect. Scan running currently just in case)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:13 AM

If you dont want it to install, go to your windows update, right click the update and select hide update.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users