Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook task dates contradict

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia Moore

Cynthia Moore

• Members
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

I keep having problems with the dates in recurring tasks in Outlook. I've uploaded a screen shot to this Dropbox folder:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m4110esooldsgrv/AADlVFw3mAjN_tLd4O4xjsb3a?dl=0

The problem is that somehow the various task dates (Due, Reminder, Start, ???) get all screwed up.

The task in the attached image came due today. That is, a reminder popped up. I opened the task and marked it 100% complete and saved it. I then reopened it to check the dates. The attached image is what I saw.

I've added callouts to highlight the conflicts.

• A: This says the task is due in 3 days.
  • B: This says that the task is due on 9/27/14, which is 3 days from today (9/24).
  • A & B agree.
  • C: This says the reminder is not until 2/01/15 -- over 4 months in the future.

I guess I won't know for at least 3 days whether I'll get a reminder on 9/27. I suspect I won't because the reminder date is in 2015. This has happened many times with other tasks. Some time after it was supposed to have generated a reminder, I realize that I never got one, so I open the task to discover that the reminder is way off in the future.

I end up deleting the task and creating a new one. The new one works for awhile.

Can it have anything to do with using the Snooze option? When a task reminder pops up, I will often snooze it for anything from a few minutes to the maximum of 2 weeks. For some tasks, this might happen many times without ever opening the task. I have no data to indicate that it is those tasks that get screwed up.

Can anyone suggest what's going on and, more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks

I'm running Office 2007.

Running Win 10 & Office 365.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users