Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dorotheapenizek

dorotheapenizek

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

I am an elderly but fairly computer savvy woman but I am having a hell of a time trying to download adobe Flash Player

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum.~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

Did you try to get from the official Adobe webpage? https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

#3 dorotheapenizek

dorotheapenizek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

again and again and again.

I found an online discussion where people had the same problem.

Can't find it however....told me to go to Task Manager, close internet explorer, Skype, etc. Am afraid I'll screw everything up.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

#4 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:09 PM

See if you can download it from this page:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html.

Scroll down to the Downloads chart for:
Flash Player 15.0.0.152 (Win Firefox and Mac); 15.0.0.167 (Win IE)
Select the installer for your browser.

#5 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Please explain where the problem is in the downloading process. Does it fail to download at all, is there an issue after the download is done? My advice for how to do it is use a browser like chrome or firefox (not IE)to visit the download page then "save" NOT "open" the file. make sure you save the exe file to an easy to find location. then go to it in the file explorer and open the exe file from there. See if that procedure works, because i am guessing you are currently tryign "run", "open" or some sort of activeX script.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#6 dorotheapenizek

dorotheapenizek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

I do not have Chrome or Firefox.  Are they better than IE? Will try that. Thanks for the moment!

#7 dorotheapenizek

dorotheapenizek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

I think I got it! Had to turn off ActiveX Filtering.

#8 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

Chrome and firefox are both better than IE, they are usually faster and they also have far less security holes and far more regular patches for when they do. You should never install a program by "running" or "opening" it on the download site, or by letting it fiddle with some sort of script in the browser (chrome and firefox don't use these scripts most of the time, IE does), you should always save the file for the program into a folder you can easily find, then go to the folder, virus scan the downloaded file, then run it from the folder, NOT from the browser.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users