Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot install HP Laserjet Pro m127fw software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 techboy

techboy

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

I’m having a devil of a time getting the printer software installed on an HP Laserjet Pro m127fw printer. It works with the drivers Windows 8.1 installs, but when I try to install the printer software, I get to the point where it asks me to turn on the printer and make sure the USB cable is connected. After that, it just sits there and does nothing. No error messages. Just nothing.
I’ve run the sfc /scannow utility in an elevated prompt as well as the DISM option but the error is still there.

I've lost count of how many times I've tried this or the various ways I've tried. I even had an HP tech take remote control of the computer and try to fix the problem, but he ended up telling me that something in Windows 8 is preventing the installation.

I'm at my wits end and need help. I'm out of ideas.

P.S.: I've attached a copy of my CBS.log file in Zip format.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 28 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

Hi

You should print this as it is quite lengthy

I would suggest following the links below.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/revo-uninstaller/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/driver-fusion-driver-sweeper/

Download and Install each.

Disconnect your HP printer from your system.

Use Revo Uninstaller and remove all software related to your HP Printer.

Reboot the system.

Use Driver Fusion and remove any left over references to your HP Printer.

Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers and remove any references to your HP Printer.

While in Control Panel, Open System and click on Advanced system settings.

The System Properties window will open and you should be on the Advanced Tab

Click Environmental Variables, when the window opens, look for the System variables section.

Click New.

In the Variable name field type or copy/paste the following line...

DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES

In the Variable value type the number 1

Click OK, (window closes) Click OK again,(window closes) Click Apply and OK 1 more time, (window closes).

Close all open windows and reboot the system.

Open Control Panel, Open System and click on Device Manager.

On the Device Manager toolbar, click the View tab and put a bullet beside Show hidden devices.

Make the Device Manager window full screen.

One by one click the + sign to expand that category.

For devices that are no longer present (being used) by the system, the icon will appear dimmed.

You can safely remove the reference to this device, just right click and delete.

Your focus should be any reference to your HP Printer and associated devices (scanner, USB port controllers, card reader etc.).

Once you have the list in Device Manager cleaned up, close all categories.

Click the Action tab and click Scan for hardware changes. This is a double check system in case you accidentally deleted a device still being used by the system.

Close all windows.

Reboot the system.

Open an elevated command prompt (follow the link below if necessary)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/

When the command window opens Immediately following the displayed string type sfc /scannow (Note the space between sfc and /).

Press <Enter> to execute the command.

The command processor responds with...

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification xxx% complete.

The scan will take a few minutes to run, upon completion it will let you know the status of the scan.

Immediately following the displayed string type or copy/paste the following line...

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

Press <Enter> to execute the command.

Immediately following the displayed string type "exit" (without the quotes) and press <Enter> to execute the command and close the window.

If you haven't already visit the following link...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=5318096

select your Operating System Click Next, scroll down the page

Download...

Driver Product Installation Software: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127/128 Series Full Software and Drivers

Application - 3d Party: ReadIRIS Pro for HP (Full install for Windows)

Firmware: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127/M128 Series Firmware Update

Utility - Diagnostic Tools: HP Print and Scan Doctor

Install the Driver, install the Application, install the Firmware.

Reboot the system.

If all was successful, you should have a fully installed, working printer

If any or all of the above fail...

Look for a new text document on your desktop named sfcdetails.txt.

Open the document and copy/paste the contents into your next post.

Lots of luck and please keep BC posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users