the issue i am facing--- yesterday my laptop got shutdown because of power loss after that
- on booting win 7 i got a BSoD bad_system_config error three times then
- On my fourth attempt the win7 os started to boot again but the keyboard and mouse were no longer working (both external usb and internal).
My system details--------
asus k53sv laptop with
1. i5 processor 2. 8gb ddr2 ram(2sticks of 4gb) 3. geforce gt540 graphics card 4. 750gb seagate hdd(with 4 partitions(199gb*2 ,288gb*1,10gb*1)
5. 3usb ports(1*usb 3.0 , 2*usb2.0)
I have a dual boot config so Both 199gb partitions have os namely winxp pro and win 7 pro.
WHAT I HAVE TRIED
1. Safe mode does not work i.e keyboard mouse do not work(both usb external and internal do not work)
2.win 7 repair found no errors
3.Do not have a Restore point so could not restore it to previous working condition.
4.Tried to shut down laptop remove battery and power and press power button for 20 -25 second release the button then put everything back again..
5.Done online spyware bot scan,Malwarebytes scan, avast free scan.(from win xp)
1.keyboard mouse work completely fine in BIOS and in win xp.
2.The keyboard light goes off as soon as the win 7 welcome screen is shown.
3.Initially in the second try win 7 os was detecting external keyboard showed installing devices notification but then did nothing.
NOW external usb keyboard and mouse are not detected at all in any of the three usb ports.
what i am trying
1. Find the win 7 startup folder from win xp and add teamviewer shortcut so i can remotely control the PC and remove all keyboard and mouse drivers.
2 There is a BCDEDIT method in win 7 repair regarding BSOD bad config error checking up more on that.
ANY SUGGESTION IS WELCOME AND I WILL BE ONLINE ALL DAY IF U WANT ANY OTHER DETAIL JUST ASK ALSO.I WANT TO TRY EVERYTHING BEFORE FORMATTING.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
NOTE-right now win 7 boots up fine only issue keyboard and mouse not working in both normal mode or safe mode.
Edited by gurupreet31, 24 September 2014 - 02:03 AM.