Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FREE OR TRIAL WORD PROGRAM??? - EMERGENCY

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

I have a couple of PDF DOCUMENT (scanned documents)  that I must use to finalize Court Pleadings that must be filed tomorrow.

So I downloaded Nitro.pdf program because it will convert pdf to text - well I guess its not any text, it has to  be WORD PROGRAM - and what I have is Jarte so when I convert the file and it opens there is nothing there.

So i need to download WORD somehow - does anyone know a safe place to download word?

Time is my enemy right now - when it rains it pours. 

I'm in a panic mode.   CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE?

Edited by hamluis, 24 September 2014 - 09:37 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kokomodrums

kokomodrums

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:00 PM

You can use Nitro to export to plain text, just click the "To Other" button and select one of the dropdown options.

However, if you still need a Word Processor, you can use the free LibreOffice "Writer" program, which is very similar to Microsoft Word and can edit almost all of the same files. Here is a link to download LibreOffice: Libre Office

Edited by kokomodrums, 23 September 2014 - 08:02 PM.

-- Matt

#3 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

I will give that a try - this seems to be one of those times where the crunch is really on and even stuff that used to work is no longer performing.   I did download a free Word program from microsoft but it was useless because I had no product key so I'm more than a little ticked at them for being misleading plus there was some kind of EXTRA program that came with the download that you had to approve and I declined the extra yet it installed anyway so then I had to do a system restore because the "extra' took over my computer, browser, search engine, etc.   NOT HAPPY WITH MICROSOFT especially putting extra crap on my computer.

Anyway I will try your suggestions.   I was trying to print out the PDF and incredibly it would only print one page - another example of what can go wrong will go wrong.   Back to work for me!   Thanks again.

Edited by hamluis, 24 September 2014 - 09:37 AM.

#4 Narah

Narah

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

for anyone else out there looking for a free Microsoft Office-like program: I personally find OpenOffice quite good.

#5 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

for anyone else out there looking for a free Microsoft Office-like program: I personally find OpenOffice quite good.

Thanks for the suggestion - I did use open office a few years ago and it had a lot of possibilities but it seems to me I recall that it had something about linespacing that defied fixing and I sort of gave up on it.   Maybe they have updated since then to fix the problem.

#6 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

Might have a look at KingSoft Office Suite Free:
http://www.kingsoftstore.com/download-office.

Think you'll easily be able to do what you want quickly with it.  Does what it says on the tin.  Check out the "Writer" features and see if you think it will work for you.

#7 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:13 PM

Might have a look at KingSoft Office Suite Free:
http://www.kingsoftstore.com/download-office.

Think you'll easily be able to do what you want quickly with it.  Does what it says on the tin.  Check out the "Writer" features and see if you think it will work for you.

Thanks I will check that out!

#8 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 689 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

why not just use a PDF to word converter? with this tool you can convert PDF to editable Word documents and preserves all the contents as well as layouts and formatting, so you can easily edit or reuse PDF contents in Word without reformatting or retyping. 

that's what i have been trying to do but its not working.    Even though I have a program that is supposed to do that - it has failed..   

Moderator Edit: Edit out Spam Link in quoted content.

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 30 September 2014 - 10:41 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users