Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet on safe mode but not on normal

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oznrrfcp

oznrrfcp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hi i have a problem using internet in the normal os state, it works great on safe mode

I have tryed uninstalling nic and reinstalling, disabling it, flushing dns, doing some netsh commands, ipconfig/release and renew but no luck and a thing other things,  i'm currently on safe mode right now

I been using ubuntu for a bit but i miss running steam games, if someone would be able to help me i would be thankful, i normally can solve my own problems but this one has me puzzled 

I think it maybe be a dhcp connection problem but unsure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:42 PM

Maybe you have some malware that doesn't come on in Safe Mode, therefore it works fine there and not in normal mode.

Perhaps it's time to do a bit of malware scanning with programs like malwarebyes and superantispyware free versions (careful to not accept trial versions during installation).

All is well in Paradise.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

If you run ipconfig from the command prompt in normal mode, is your computer getting an IP address, plus subnet mask and default gateway setttings? Compare those to what you get from ipconfig in safe mode. If you can connect to the default gateway in normal mode and are getting an IP address on the same network you get an address for in safe mode, it's not a networking issue.

It sounds like an application or service is interfering with your connection, and it's something that doesn't launch in safe mode. Try doing a clean boot and running through the troubleshooting steps to see if you can isolate what that might be. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

#4 ColbyM

ColbyM

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

This probably won't help but still worth a shot. Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Connections (tab) > LAN Settings > Make sure that it set to "Automatically detect settings".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users