Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hide All IP

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

I've been told about a program called Hide All IP which can change your IP so you are basically hidden on the internet. Is this sort of software legal? Especially if you could be using a IP in let's say the USA. If i did get it my main concern would be am i stealing a IP address from somebody else? Or isn't this the case.

Edited by Miguel_92, 23 September 2014 - 05:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

It doesn't really change your original ip.  Here is what the site says;

"Hide ALL IP protects your online identity by change your IP address to our private server's IP and routes all your internet traffic through our encrypted internet servers"

As long as they don't get hacked you are safer [you are never safe]

#3 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:29 PM

Ah right. So basically your IP stays the same but it gets changed through their servers so you are basically hidden unless they get hacked as you said.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

Unless they are the ones doing the hacking. LOL This is why you never proxy or VPN tunnel through a unknown, something like TOR because anyone can spin up a TOR server even the Government :::cough:::

Edited by technonymous, 23 September 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#5 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

I will probably stay clear of it then. Because the vast majority of things can be hacked quite easily now it seems. But i was wondering if they have actually bought the servers they use or have they just found random servers that were easy to get into.

#6 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:08 PM

As others have said your IP address doesn't change.  You are putting all of your trust in Hide All IP as they can see all of your traffic both ways.

Why you want to do this is also a question.  If you are looking to do something that is not legal you will not be protected from discovery as Hide All IP will most likely give you up to law enforcement.

Long story short, any thing you do on the Internet can be traced back to your actual IP address, provided someone wants to go through what is necessary.

#7 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

Hide All IP is just a VPN company that routes your traffic through their servers. Therefore, when you're surfing the web, websites that track user movement (common), will log Hide All IP's servers, instead of you. This is essentially what they mean. However, Hide All IP is susceptible to holding information of yourself and traffic that goes on between you and the outbound server. 

I would assume that your traffic will be encrypted by the servers, so they actually have no idea what you're doing.

mYIGVc5.png

#8 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,324 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:21 AM

I would assume that your traffic will be encrypted by the servers, so they actually have no idea what you're doing.

You would be wrong.  If it is encrypted by the servers it can be decrypted by the servers.  It would also mean that they would have the decrypted data.  This doesn't mean that they are spying on your traffic, only that they can, hence why you have to trust any VPN company you use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users