Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI TO HDMI ARC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alex19

alex19

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hello,

Sony KDL-32R410b TV has only two hdmi inputs , one is HDMI MHL other is HDMI ARC.

I have a dvd player with a regular plug HDMI output.I do not own a receiver compatible with the ARC function.

My question is if I can connect my dvd player to ARC TV HDMI socket.In this case it is possible to damage the TV?

Thank you.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 23 September 2014 - 06:48 PM.
Moved to 'External Hardware'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Not to worry, the ARC designate is for that function but not exclusively.  It will work fine in either HDMI input.  The ARC is provided by mfgrs to allow one device to control the other through the HDMI interface.  In most applications the ARC is questionable with mixed mfgrs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users