Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Built Computer, Screen flickers intermittently.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 timbee

timbee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

Well hello fellow internet people,

Just built my new computer, it has the new GTX 970 by Gigabyte and i have some intermittent flickering on my 27" monitor (i have dual monitors running and it only flickers on the 27, btw the 22" is older and doesnt flicker)

So the main issue is that i have an issue with the the monitor flickering intermittently, usually a green flicker and some distorted images for a moment. I have tried new DVI cables and and even switched DVI ports, yet still the one 27" flickers not the 22. the monitors both run at 60hz. 

I am wondering if this is a monitor issue or if there is something wrong with this new graphics card since it literally came out less than a week ago. not sure but any help would be best. 

also i havnt tried using my on board graphics to test if its the monitor so now that i think about it ill try that too but if you have any suggestions shoot them this way please.

by the way that is couple second video of the screen fickering

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 23 September 2014 - 11:56 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

Welcome,

I think I'd check with the Gigabyte site to see if they have updated the drivers on that new card.

I'd also be asking them about running different sized monitors - if any special settings need to be done. I've used their tech support and it may take a day or two for things to get translated back and forth but they do answer and they have given me the information I needed.

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users