Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diebold Warsaw ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JorgeO.555

JorgeO.555

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hello,

Windows would give an error message core.exe wouldn´t execute for the lack of a DLL. Core.exe was located in Program Filles X86/Diebold/Warsaw.

Since I don´t recall installing any Diebold software, I deleted the path (AVG and Malwarebytes didn´t detect any virus).

Any idea of what is Diebold/Warsaw?

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

http://forum.baboo.com.br/index.php?/topic/774067-an%C3%A1lise-de-log/

http://www.linhadefensiva.org/forum/topic/160475-coreexe-erro-de-aplicativo-ao-iniciar-o-windows/

I don't know if your Portuguese is any better than mine - it would be difficult for it to be worse - but these two posts suggest that it is some form of malware. I don't think it has anything to do with the doubtless totally innocent Mrs Diebold, a physiotherapist of Warsaw, NY, USA. You seem to have dodged the bullet on this one

However keep an eye on your situation, and if you have cause to believe you may be suffering a malware infection start a topic in the 'Am I infected' section of BC.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 22 September 2014 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users