Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics card help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lexer1

Lexer1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

Hey all, I want to start gaming on my PC but not sure that I can with what's inside it right now.
I have a Dell Optiplex 755 SFF and here's some more info:
Intel® Core ™2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz 
4 GB Ram (3.24 GB usable) 
32-bit operating system
at the moment the graphics card that it came with is a Intel Q35 Express Chipset Family, Internal, 256MB. I have a 1920 x 1080 screen

I did some research and I think the graphics card has to be low profile also

I'm wondering what kind of card I will need to be able to play some PC games like DayZ,Minecraft,Counter Strike e.t.c. 

Thanks and have a nice day

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

Yes you will need a low profile card. Just google around best card for your power supply. Most cards recomend 400+ watt. you should only have a 280watt if you have not changed it. I have a 250watt PSU and run a card recomending 400+ no problems.. Minecraft you can play now, or should be able to with no problems. Yuo can probably play Counter Strike if you lower some settings but as far as DayZ goes even with a grahpics card its your processor your going have to worry about

#3 Lexer1

Lexer1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

Yes you will need a low profile card. Just google around best card for your power supply. Most cards recomend 400+ watt. you should only have a 280watt if you have not changed it. I have a 250watt PSU and run a card recomending 400+ no problems.. Minecraft you can play now, or should be able to with no problems. Yuo can probably play Counter Strike if you lower some settings but as far as DayZ goes even with a grahpics card its your processor your going have to worry about

what card do you have?

#4 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

I have a Radeon HD5450 its a cheap 1GB card. I got it off Amazon for $29.99 and it has/had a $10 mail in rebate. I just got it cause my on board went out and needed something cheap to see if the that was the problem..

#5 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,018 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:46 AM

sapphire is the OEM that offers that solution, they have several low profile cards in their radeon line-up. i saw this 7750 as an example.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202002

i see a $140 Visiontek 7750 slim profile in there also.

Edited by synergy513, 23 September 2014 - 03:51 AM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users