Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Connect To The Internet.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 solid001200

solid001200

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:36 AM

Ok so today my interent was working fine..i reformat my computer and now my internet wont work on my computer. My moms computer works thats running ona wireless card..My computer is the main computer were the router and cable is connected to. The light on the back of the ethernet card is orange. My friend told me i need to download a ethernet driver for my motherboard , is this true? if so were do i download that. Any help woul dbe appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RichieP

RichieP

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:01 PM

You can try downloading drivers. It mat help, but installing Windows will have loaded drivers.

Is it enabled? Go to My Computer and click My Network Places on the left side.

Click View Network Connections and right click your Ethernet connection. If it says Enablke at the top, select that.

#3 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:57 PM

windows dosent support all nic drivers. marvell for example, what is the make and model of your motherboard? is the nic (network interface card) on the board? or is it a pci network card?
Google...Google.....browse..read

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 AM

Posted 16 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

What version of windows did you install??

Do you have your motherboard model??

Check the cds that came with your motherboard there probably be the drivers there... but you are better off downloading them from the company website so that you have to most updated drivers.

#5 pc-details

pc-details

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 24 June 2006 - 03:50 AM

Just a note here: In order to locate and download drivers, you must know identify the physical hardware by manufacturer and model. If your device manager identifies it by model but does not load the drivers correctly, then I would try uninstalling and reinstalling. If you know the model number, do to the manufacturer's site or another driver search site such as driverguide.com (there are others) and download the driver. FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS. Some may need to be installed from a floppy or CD. Some of them require you to uninstall the device and existing driver first, then install the correct driver before you reinstall the device. Sometimes, you may actually have to physically remove the network card, install the driver, turn the machine off, reinstall the device, and then allow the computer to identify it upon reboot. This may be easier than you think if you have to remove it to get any identifying information off of it in order to locate the drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users