Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 has blue screen at start up with hum.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 siminu2

siminu2

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

I was working with computer when it became slow.  I restarted the computer and on start up at the password the  computer went blue screen and began to hum like a motor boat.  The screen seems to show the following: 

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.  If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message. disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.  Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.  If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components.  Restart your computer. press F8 to select advanced startup options. and thenselect safe mode.

Technical information:

***  STOP : 0x00000073 (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005.0XFFFFF88004858A83.0XFFFFF8800357#a88.0*** AMPPAL.SYS - ADDRESS FFFFF88004858A83 base at FFFFF88004840000.Datestampdb

b

collecting data for crash dump...

initializing disk for crash dump...

beginnning dump of physical memory.

dumping physical memory to disk: 20

I have limited understanding of this message.

Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

Try getting into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping F8 at boot up.

If you are able to get in, then it would be time to start looking for the reason for the blue screen.

Let us know if you are successful getting into Safe mode and we'll have instructions for you to assist you in getting it fixed.

Also, please tell us what make and model of machine you have.

Edited by rockysosua, 22 September 2014 - 05:31 PM.

All is well in Paradise.

#3 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 AM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

That 0x73 bugcheck code indicates there were issues loading the registry.

If you go to C:\Windows, look for a folder called Minidump. If the folder is there, check to see if there is a recent minidump file in that folder -- the file name will start with Mini, end in .dmp and will include the date it was created. Having a look at that would be helpful as well.

#4 epicdig07

epicdig07

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

Now i dont know much about this but,

It sounds like you have either:

Bad stick of ram

Somthing with your sound card is messed up

Really bad virse(If it bluescreens before it allows you to enter password it has efected you boot sector)

If it is Number 3 than you have to intstall windows again.  :(

If it is Number 2 you need to unplug your sound card (if you have an pci card) while its off and try to boot it up.

If it is Number 1 you need to test you ram by booting it up with one piece at a time and the one that gives you a error is bad. Just buy a new one on ebay for like 3-10$.

Hope This Helped!

Like I said I dont know if these ARE the problem, Im just troble shooting! I do know what Im talking about though!!! :P

BYE!!!

#5 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

siminu2, It seems you have registry issues.

Bug Check 0x73: CONFIG_LIST_FAILED

The CONFIG_LIST_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x00000073. This bug check indicates that one of the top-level registry keys, also known as core system hives, cannot be linked in the registry tree.

IC678788.png

CONFIG_LIST_FAILED Parameters

The following parameters appear on the blue screen.

Parameter Description

The NT status code that led the Windows operating system to assume that it failed to load the hive

The index of the hive in the hive list

A pointer to a UNICODE_STRING structure that contains the file name of the hive

Cause

The registry hive that cannot be linked might be SAM, SECURITY, SOFTWARE, or DEFAULT. The hive is valid, because it was loaded successfully.

Examine Parameter 2 to see why the hive could not be linked in the registry tree. One common cause of this error is that the Windows operating system is out of disk space on the system drive. (In this situation, this parameter is 0xC000017D, STATUS_NO_LOG_SPACE.) Another common problem is that an attempt to allocate pool has failed. (In this situation, Parameter 2 is 0xC000009A, STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES.) You must investigate other status codes.

Well, Top-class registry keys is corrupted/missing.

Edited by Laith225, 24 September 2014 - 09:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users