Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ram And Fps

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ICYcold

ICYcold

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:58 AM

im pretty sure it does and all i have is a measily 128 mb ram

my question

what should i do about? where do i get more ram? how much does it cost? and what kind of ram should i be looking for, for my computer?

im pretty sure you will need th OS and all that kind of stuff, but being pretty bad with computers as far as i know, i wont be able to give you the info you need unless you tell me how to find it..

help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:25 AM

Well we'd need to know the speed of your ram. Is your computer custom built or more something like a Dell/HP/Compaq/ect? Also, we'd need to know some information about the motherboard to see if it can even take more ram.

What can you do about it? Well you can get more ram, its not too expensive. You can get ram at stores like Circut City, Best Buy, or any old computer store will have ram. You can also try online places to buy your ram like pcdirect.com, pricewatch.com, and newegg.com. The price of ram will vary depending on the amount of memory it holds and its speed. The prices will also very depending on where you buy them too, its usually more expensive at a place like Best Buy which costs $70-80 to buy the same speed/memory ram that I could buy somewhere else for $50.

But yes, more ram is always better, especially if you have only 128 megs and you want to play games. At the very least, you'd need 512 megs of ram to run games alright.

Edited by Wizdabest, 09 June 2006 - 08:27 AM.

#3 ICYcold

ICYcold
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:29 AM

its an HP...nothing custom here...

how do you figure the speed of your ram?

and how could you figure if your motherboard could handle it?

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:32 AM

You can download and install Everest, which will provide all the information about your computer that you will need:

Everest Download Link

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:51 AM

lol do you just copy and paste that message? I don't think i've ever seen a different one when you post about Everest.

But yes, everest will provide you with the information.

#6 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:32 AM

You might try going to the manufacturer's website and download the specs for your machine; that will tell you which type(s) of ram you can use.
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users