Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD Burning problems

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Series60

Series60

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

Hello I have been trying to burn DVD's none of them have completed a burn I have used Windows DVD burner Imgburn and DVDStyler none have burned a disk. I have an LG GS24NSBO burner brand new. Can anyone help I have tried all I can think of any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Well...what error messages are you getting...and when?

Does the BIOS reflect the correct optical drive?

Louis

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,406 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Doing a search for LG GS24NSBO I only get one hit...your topic. Suggest you verify that. You will need the correct

product ID to get driver.

Since you say it is new....check in your device manager to see if it is recognized and if there are any errors. You

may need to install a driver.

Access Device Manager - How Do I Access Device Manager in Windows?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 Series60

Series60
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

The Bios is the most recent version for the drive. I checked the drivers all of those are up to date and recent.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,395 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Maybe you misunderstood...does the new drive appear listed in the BIOS...as the optical drive...rather than the old one?

Louis

#6 Series60

Series60
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:44 AM

Yes it does it. It shows the proper drive model number and type. My motherboard is an Asus M5A97 if that helps. I have tried burning all types of files and none will burn.

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,406 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

If you are convinced that you have proper drivers, hardware is installed properly....then that doesn't leave much else does it?

Could be the disks you are burning to. Could be you have a bad piece of hardware...the new burner.

There is a fixit tool that you could try. It may give you more info as to the problem or maybe a slim chance it will fix it.

Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write media

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users