Recently I was resetting my wireless router by unplugging it for a few moments. Upon plugging it in, I saw that the power adapter had caused a spark. Wondering if I was just seeing things, I performed another cycle and it happened again.
This router is fairly old; I've had it since 2008. I'm going to change it out tomorrow, but I'm wondering:
Could the sparks have damaged any computer or peripheral plugged into the wireless router via Ethernet? Or would it basically just harm the router itself? I only had 3 items plugged into the router: a desktop with an onboard NIC, a macbook connected via a usb to ethernet adapter and a ethernet-connected printer - all of which seem to be fine.