Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Want Some Of These Doors For My Car(when I Get It)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

This is so cool. You can do this to ANY car just about! Lambo style doors...
I was thinking of getting a suv but since gas fuel is on its way up(and maybe out one day) I want to get a car. Im thinking of a honda civic as you can add a lot of neat things to them and they get 40mpg on the highway.

Next to our 15mpg suv it will be like running on a little less than 1/3 the price.

If fuel was cheap id get a diesel truck and still might do it even though they only get 18mpg...Nothing like a cummins diesel... :thumbsup:

Anyways here are the doors!

Posted Image

For about 10k or less I can have a nice honda civic with these type doors on them and maybe a few extras...
Or 200 a month for 60 months or 376 for 24 months... At 6.0% interrest

Only thing I dont like about cars...Their inability to protect you from side impact...

Your right down their next to the other vehicles bumper and no protection. In a truck or suv its your legs and not your head in the path.

Anyways what do you think of the doors? Only 1200 bucks for the kit or you could make it yourself with parts you can buy. I think its only 3 parts....A piston a hinge and something else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BobbySocks

BobbySocks

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:52 AM

looks impressive :thumbsup: but not too comfortable :flowers: i bet doors like these are big advantage in crowded parking lots :trumpet:
I use Spy Sweeper.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:38 AM

Just what I was thinking...Guess I better get me a job and go get some...

#4 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:57 PM

I got the same thing free once by backing up in the garage with the doors open.
Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:32 AM

I bet it cost more than 1000 to fix it though...
Looks like I can get a civic lx or ex for less than 10k more like 3-5 k according to how many miles are on it. At that rate I can get the car with the kit on it for somewhere around 150 a month counting insurance.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

http://www.verticaldoors.com/

CGM3,

Plan on about one thousand dollars per door, by the time you are done. Just the kit for a civic is $1,599.00 USD plus any sales tax and shipping you may incur. I also would not suggest self installation, on such a crucial structrual/safety component as a door that needs to protect you. So you can add installation costs on top of that. Which I have no idea what those costs are. :thumbsup:

Be (My door hinges cost more than my car) Safe :flowers:

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:34 PM

Yeah maybe so. I may not get them. I would like to but if I do we will install them ourselves IF we can. We know machinists that we go to and we also know people who work on cars. I would want it to be safe.

Basicly all this does it make it go up and down otherwise it latches the same so I dont know if protection would be a problem it might be even safer with that extra latch holding the door on....

#8 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:02 AM

You might consider putting doors where they put the hinge on the other side so where you normally get in is where the hinge is located. (Suicide doors is what i think its called.) The door just opens the other direction.

Or use the design those AMC cars had--where the doors lifts up like a hatch.

If you want something really unique, and you buy a 2 door, we were going to put sliding doors (like on vans)on my CRX, that might be something interesting to try if youre up to it.

-Nick

ps. If youre not too concerned about safety, go redneck style doors--or in other words, none at all!! :thumbsup:

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2006 - 12:35 PM

Suicide doors arent for me lol!
Im wondering if it takes a while to get in and out of them though as far as them going up and down. Id check a set out before I put them on my car.

#10 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

More of a convenience than really necessary. I don't I would get them. Unless I really had the money.

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 12 June 2006 - 10:22 PM

It seems I wont be able to for a while now. If I want to get a 2001 model EX with AUTO instead of manual im going over my original budget and so that means more monthly payment. I can get the hinges for about 500 I found elsewhere on ebay.

The ex model civic is more expensive because of the electric moon roof and other features. I want the 2001 model over the 1996-2000? because of its newer body shape.

I hope I wont have to go for the manual....But I want the car and manuals are cheaper.

If I get manual shift it means more trouble to drive and if I dont shift right on a hill like on a red light you can roll back and hit someone!

I think I will make something to prevent that if I get a manual. Solve a problem that I would have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users