Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thatDamCanadian

thatDamCanadian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:50 PM

I Have a weird printer issue.

These are the computers having issues.

In office 1 I have a windows 8.1 computer connected to an hp officejet pro 8600 connected via USB

In office 2 I have a windows 8.1 computer connected to a Samsung printer also connected via usb

In office 3 1 I have a windows 8.1 computer connected to an hp officejet pro 8600 connected via USB

In office 4 1 have a windows 8 or 8.1 computer connected to a network Lexmark printer (Reception)

I have 3 counter computers and two office computers on windows 8 or 8.1 computer connected to a network Lexmark t640 (service)

And one computer running windows 7 connected to a hp officejet 8600 via usb that had this issue but it seems to be fixed after I went into control panel, programs and features, turn windows features on or off, and unchecked internet printing client and checked both lpd print service and ldp port montor.

So here are the computers that work.

The reception computer running windows 8 or 8.1 connected to the reception network Lexmark printer (the same printer where office 4 is connected to.

An office computer on windows 8 or 8.1 connected to the same networked  Lexmark t640 in service that the other computers are having issues.

Other windows 7 computers are not affected, just the one. 

There are other windows 8 or windows 8.1 computers on the network that are not affected connect to different printers of the same models of printers that are both having an issue

The computers range in age some are the same model some are not. (asus and hp) but again some of each are affect and some are not make does not make a difference.

So heres is the issue.
When the user goes to print typically from ie 11 or adobe reader the print dialog box comes up and it starts not responding.
Same if you go into the control panel devices and printers, it does not respond.

It does however work for a short time you go into services.msc and stop and restart the service. But after a while it stops again.

I have tried a system restore to a point before the issue. But it doesn’t help the issue still exists.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.

I have tried unchecked internet printing client and checked both lpd print service and ldp port montor in the windows features that only seems to work on the one windows 7 computer, none of the windows 8 computers did it fix.

I have restarted the printers still sames issue.

I have disconnected the printer from the network restarted them and cleared the printer que as well as restarted the print spooler service before reconnecting the printers back to the network. 

Now for the strange thing, all 12 of these computer seem to have start the issue at the same time.

Most of these computer are on the same switch. However even the ones without issues are also on the same switch.

I have checked the error logs there are no errors related to the print spool, and no error at the time when the issues occurs.

the print spooler is running and it does not seem to stop by itself., However like I said if you restart the print spooler it does work again for a short while. 

I am at a loss i have never seen anther like this before. i welcome any questions, suggestions, things to try, solutions.

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users