Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS USB-AC53 Dual Band - Can't detect 5Ghz band

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dramorus

Dramorus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hi there!

So about 2 months ago, I purchased the AC53 when I moved in to a house share.
We have Virgin Media SuperHub that does both 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
When I installed it, it worked fine and connected excellently to the 5G band, a few days ago however the 5G connection disappeared off my list and now it always connects me to the 2.4ghz band.

Tried resetting my SuperHub and re-installing the drivers and software utility for the AC53 but alas it doesn't show. My phone however can find and connect to the 5G band.

I'm a bit confused as where to go from here!

Any help would be much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

You messed with the superhub, but did you click on the wireless network and tell it to forget it? then look again. Are they named something different? the SSID

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users