Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Not Less or Equal / can't start in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 zhuril

zhuril

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

Hello all

The computer I am having problems with is a Asus G73jh Laptop. (Laptop is 4-5 years old if age has a possible factor with an issue. It still has all the original hardware that came with it, I didn't install anything new IE: Ram or HDD)

I did a fresh install of windows 7 back in May, and it's been working seemingly fine up until a week ago.

The top of the BSOD says "Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

For Technical information lists

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000000000010, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF88001440A26)

***             ndis.sys - Address FFFFF88001440A26 base at FFFFF88001411000, DateStamp 4ce79392

The computer seems to freeze when loading in safemode

I'll attach the image of the screen where safemode freezes.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

test your memory modules with MemTest86

Download it from here, (right-click and save target/link as) unzip the file and burn the ISO to a CD. Boot from the CD and let it run continuously for several hours, or until it finds errors. If errors are found, You have one or more bad sticks of RAM.

Can you feel airflow from the CPU fan exhaust port? This may be a heat issue.

I'm thinking hardware issue because it freezes booting into safe mode

Edited by PanickyD, 21 September 2014 - 12:47 AM.

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:34 AM

The NDIS is actually an issue with a network driver. You will have to remove the network drivers completely from the system and reinstall the most up to date drivers. You should be able to load into safe mode as long as it is just basic safe mode (Not safemode with networking). 

Gavin Seabrook

#4 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:50 AM

Yep i agree with gavinseabrook. Many have been getting this BSOD lately. Have you installed any torrent-downloading software? Such as utorrent bittorrent.

Cheers

Laith225

#5 zhuril

zhuril
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:34 AM

I ran the Memory test, no errors found. It still doesn't seem to be wanting to boot in safemode. There wasn't any torrenting software on it, but i'm starting to think maybe it's more along the lines of malicious software.

Trying to boot it into safemode just freezes at a screen for 5-10 minutes then restarts.

Fans are functional btw.

Edited by zhuril, 22 September 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#6 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:38 AM

Trying to boot it into safemode just freezes at a screen for 5-10 minutes then restarts.

Is that safemode with or without networking?

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#7 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

zhuril, Can you atleast boot into normal mode?

If you can, Install AdwCleaner and post the log.

Cheers,

Laith225

#8 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

Without the dump files it's hard to find a definitive cause but from the error code you've posted it seems a network driver is referencing invalid memory at an IRQL too high. It's probably due to a bad pointer caused by poor programming code/incompatibility. You should go into safe mode and remove the drivers for your network cards.

#9 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

@Jared44 

Removal of network drivers is very dangerous. 

zhuril, If you are gonna remove the network drivers make sure you have a USB with a network driver for your laptop model.

#10 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

No it isn't... They're causing the problems where a reinstall of the driver or even an updated version should solve the problem.

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:29 PM

If you can, Install AdwCleaner and post the log.

Cheers,

Laith225

Please...this is the Windows 7 forum...we do not suggest/request malware tools...since we are NOT a malware forum.  If you want to post such suggestions, you should visit the Am I Infected forum, which (obviously) deals with malware situations.

Louis

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Regarding the network drivers, if uninstalled you will have to reboot. When rebooting Windows should find your network device, see it as new hardware and install generic Windows drivers. Once that is done the device specific drivers can be obtained and installed.

What I recommend is that you get the device specific driver. Download to your computer THEN uninstall the drivers. If something goes wrong with the generic Windows drivers you will already have the others to install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users