Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 PeterQ

PeterQ

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Can anybody help with this please, its happening every five minutes

HP Pro Book windows7

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 PM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

When I see Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, the first thing I do is run memtest. If it is a bad memory module, it will save you a lot of wasted diagnostic time

Download MemTest86 from this link, (right-click and save target/link as) burn it to a CD and boot your computer from it. Let it run for several hours, or until it finds errors. If errors are found, replace one or both memory modules.

Some others may not agree , but this is almost always my first step, especially if your issue happens when the machine is first booted and still cold.

It's possible you may have a fan/heat issue too, not to mention one of several possible software problems...

Edited by PanickyD, 21 September 2014 - 12:49 AM.

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

I agree with Panicky make a scan with Memtest.

Download Speecy and see how much the temperate of the ram is.

#5 PeterQ

PeterQ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

I found the trouble was with IE11, have now reverted to IE9, the problem is gone, cant figure that one out

#6 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

PeterQ

Do not use Internet Explorer. Use Firefox or Chrome. Using IE will make hackers hack your computer easily so install Chrome or Firefox for safer internet.

#7 Jared44

Jared44

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 PM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:27 PM

Interesting... I've heard similar things like that before but I don't understand how given that IE is a User Mode process that should have no effect on Kernel mode operations. Nevertheless, if the issue is solved then so be it. Any other crashes then you should let us know.

PeterQ

Do not use Internet Explorer. Use Firefox or Chrome. Using IE will make hackers hack your computer easily so install Chrome or Firefox for safer internet.

How did you work that one out?

That is completely false and untrue..

Define 'hackers'

Edited by Jared44, 23 September 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#8 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

@Jared44

Quicker internet then...

#9 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

That's still false. They are all very similar in terms of speed, it's just a preference.

#10 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

@Jared44

BETTER UI THEN

#11 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

With all due respect, I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

First you mention it can get you 'hacked' then you say it's faster and now a better UI.

The better UI part is debatable as it's simply a personal preference rather than a fact.

#12 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:21 PM

We all have our opinions regarding what is the "best" and "safest" and "faster" browser.

Jarred44 is correct when he says "it's simply a personal preference rather than a fact".

Laith's statements are his opinions and there is nothing wrong with him stating his opinions.

Our preferences are based on what we have used/done/had experience with and what each of us likes.

I've been using IE for many years. I prefer it. I have never been hacked.

If someone is determined to hack into your computer he/she can find a way to do no matter what browser you use.

When something happens and IE slows down, I have found that my alternate sometimes used browser SeaMonkey also slows down. This clues me in to the fact that whatever is going on is not browswer specific.

SeaMonkey is not any quicker than IE.

I refuse to use Chrome. I will not install it on my computer. I try to avoid all things Google.

My husband uses Chrome on his computer and complains to me that it is slow. I cringe when he needs my help with something because I know I will probably have to use his Chrome.

Bottom line is each one of us has to choose what is right for us.

Scare tactics often fail.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 23 September 2014 - 04:35 PM.
edited to correct spelling error.

#13 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

Any particular reason for the dislike for Google?

I used to use Chrome, it uses up a lot of memory and actually caused a memory leak at one point which nearly brought down (my already terrible BSODing) computer...

That being said this computer got me into learning about BSODs in the first place although I haven't gotten around to replacing this motherboard...

My Dislike for Google is based on how heavily they mine anything You do for marketable data. I use Firefox here on the forum for the Spell Checker and a couple of the Add-Ons.

Cheers

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 23 September 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#14 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:18 AM

Well then i understand.

But anyways using IE on XP can may cause hacking. I read that in a magazine

(true fact)

I used chrome but whenever i open it or go to a website a ad pops up.

Then i used firefox it was smoother and didn't lag.

#15 BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI

• Members
  • 103 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 AM

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:36 AM

Using IE on XP was always a security risk, even prior to April 8 of 2014 this year when Microsoft announced end of consumer support on the XP product.  Now XP is a security risk and should NOT be used for ANY financial transactions such as online banking or credit card purchases on the Internet. Period.  Unfortunately, every browser alternative on the planet, has also been hacked at one time or another (fact).  Though the authors of those browsers will HIGHLY disagree with that statement. 

Is your Windows7 udpated to SP1 with all post-SP1 updates (there are at least 600 of them)??  If not, your dropback to IE9 suggests that you have other Windows problems on your computer, or more likely a failing hard drive.  Download Seatools drive diagnostic free from seagate.com to eliminate this possibility.  Run BOTH short and long tests on your drive.  If Seatools returns any errors, your hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. :rip:    It, rather than any browser downgrade you did, was probably and indication as to why you couldn't run IE11.  Win7 computers are now mostly 5 yrs. old; hard drives in laptops begin failing at 2 yrs. old, desktops at 3 yrs. old. 

Your IE9 fix may work for a while, but if you have an intrinsic hardware failure lurking in your system, you can be assured that IE9 will stop working shortly.

Cheers!

BIGBEARJEDI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users