Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Automatic Repair Loop

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

I have no trouble with this. And iam glad. I have just average computer skills. There are many questions I got about it. Is there away for me to fix this if it ever happens? I hope it don't. I have Windows 8 and when I see tutorials on You Tube, theres many people have this automatic repair loop problem and cant get out of it. System Restore, Refresh PC or anything like that doesn't work, nothing does. I have only this computer so any researching would be impossible without this one. Any good ideas? Thanks, Chuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:04 AM

Have you tried a complete restore of this computer to factory defaults?

Gavin Seabrook

#3 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

Chuck,

If you have a installion media of Windows 8 then your computer can be restored..

If you have important data on your computer you are gonna lose them.

If you have a Windows 8 install disc then do these steps.

1. Navigate trough windows setup till you get the screen that is telling you "Install Windows"

2. Click on Repair Computer at the left-hand corner.

3. Click next till you get a screen telling you options.

4. Choose CMD or Command prompt.

5. When you are in the Command prompt type in "chkdsk /r" without the quotes.

6. Now you should re-install windows. After you have re-installed your computer should work normally.

If this dosen't work then reply.

Cheers

Laith225

Edited by Laith225, 21 September 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#4 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:22 AM

Have you tried a complete restore of this computer to factory defaults?

I don't have this problem but was wondering. I have been watching many video,s on You Tube about this. Theres some guy that has this problem his windows 8 laptop just keeps in that repair loop, he,s tried many things. System restore, refresh nothing seem,s to work. I know theres a fix, but can an average skilled computer man fix this, like me? Thanks, Chuck

#5 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

Chuck,

If you have a installion media of Windows 8 then your computer can be restored..

If you have important data on your computer you are gonna lose them.

If you have a Windows 8 install disc then do these steps.

1. Navigate trough windows setup till you get the screen that is telling you "Install Windows"

2. Click on Repair Computer at the left-hand corner.

3. Click next till you get a screen telling you options.

4. Choose CMD or Command prompt.

5. When you are in the Command prompt type in "chkdsk /r" without the quotes.

6. Now you should re-install windows. After you have re-installed your computer should work normally.

If this dosen't work then reply.

Cheers

Laith225

I have nothing, this computer has no CD drive at all. Thanks, Chuck

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

If you have an external USB Hard drive then I would download Macrium Free and create a complete disk image. The program allows you to create a WinPE disk or bootable USB flash drive. This would let you boot the computer and then restore the image off the external drive if the computer failed to boot or you needed to replace the hard drive. In order to boot the USB flash drive you would need to disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot in the BIOS.

Edit: You would need to do these disk images on a regular basis.

Edited by JohnC_21, 21 September 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#7 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Chuck,

When you press F8 it will give you more options.

If there is a Command prompt option press it and do the commands in CMD i gave you.

Cheers

Laith

#8 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

If you have an external USB Hard drive then I would download Macrium Free and create a complete disk image. The program allows you to create a WinPE disk or bootable USB flash drive. This would let you boot the computer and then restore the image off the external drive if the computer failed to boot or you needed to replace the hard drive. In order to boot the USB flash drive you would need to disable Secure Boot and Fast Boot in the BIOS.

Edit: You would need to do these disk images on a regular basis.

Really I don't have computer skills to know what you mean. All I can tell you this laptop is windows 8. This computer is about 5 to 6 months old. I can use a flashdrive very well. I saved my personal things on it, my family pictures, music, documents. I don't have Automatic Repair Loop problem, computer seems to be ok. But I see many with this problem, and don't know what to do. I just would like to be prepaired, in case. I don't have a an external USB hard drive, should I get one? My question is this, can I use a regular flashdrive with enough memory and still use Macrium Free? I have heard this a good program. Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know a lot about computers. Thank,s Chuck

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,288 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

I think the flash drive would not work unless you have one that is at least the amount of data used on your hard drive and I don't think it would be practical using a flash drive for disk image backups. You could do it if the flash drive had a big enough capacity but you would not get very many images on it. It would be cheaper to buy a USB external hard drive with a 1TB capacity or more.

#10 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

I think the flash drive would not work unless you have one that is at least the amount of data used on your hard drive and I don't think it would be practical using a flash drive for disk image backups. You could do it if the flash drive had a big enough capacity but you would not get very many images on it. It would be cheaper to buy a USB external hard drive with a 1TB capacity or more.

Sounds good iam going to go for an external USB hard drive. That way I got space for my family pictures, drag race pictures and lots of music. I don't download any games, really I stay away from downloads. Way to many fakes of things. About the only things I have downloaded is Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes Anti Root Kit ( Beta ) , Ccleaner my antivirus is Windows Defender I got Windows 8. Defender on 7 is terrible I think. The only freeware site I go to is Snap Files. I never go to Cnet, a lot of add on crapware, A guy told me he went there to download part of the crapware was Conduit, I had Conduit long ago, it,s bad for sure. Sorry for the yapping. Thanks, Chuck

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Just remember, don't just copy all of your most important files and pictures to the external and leave it at that. The external could fail and then you would be out of luck. You should have at least 2 locations for those files. Use a free cloud service like Dropbox, Skydrive, or Mega to upload the files to. It wouldn't be a bad idea to also burn the files and photos to CD's/DVD's and keep them somewhere safe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users