Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a 200 Gaming PC

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roblox

Roblox

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

Hi i have been saving my pocket money for 4 years for a Gaming PC i am tired of waiting i urgently need a better PC My current PC only has support for up to 2GB of RAM and has bad Graphics and Processor and can't play these modern games.

You might say get a console but my mates are PC gamers and i want to join them I really want to get playing BF4 with them.

I have been saving so long please tell me the best deal you can and where to find it.

Edited by hamluis, 22 September 2014 - 10:15 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Buying New Computer - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:39 AM

Sorry to tell you, but 200 wont get you far. For a good gaming PC, custom built or store bought, you will need to invest much more into it. Even for a basic one that would run BF4 smoothly/playable, you will need to budget at least 800. Sorry :\

Gavin Seabrook

#3 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:14 AM

Need at least 400 for a gamming pc that can play all current games. 100 extra if you want a new monitor to go with it.

200 will get a used computer that can barely play those games (if that) and become unable to do so shortly with newer ones, and only if it's smartly shopped.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

#4 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

Pre-built no way, there is nothing for sale that in any way, shape or form could be considered a gaming PC.  If you're lucky you will get a "nettop" or ultra low end PC with low end integrated graphics.

I priced up some parts, and I reckon you can put together a system based on AMD's A8-7600 APU with 4Gb DDR3-1866 for about £230 without making too many sacrifices on quality. I refuse to suggest an own brand £10 PSU or a £20 case with included "500 w PSU" in it that lots of retailers sell, as they are quite simply poor quality and I don't believe this is the right area to save money.  The A8-7600 has reasonably powerful on chip graphics and 4 CPU cores, and should be capable of running a lot of current games at medium quality settings.  4Gb is below ideal levels (8Gb far more comfortable) but it's all you can afford.  The other nice thing about the A8-7600 is that in future you can upgrade to dual graphics with a low cost R7-240 or R7-250 GPU and according to the tests linked above, that can bring large FPS improvements.  Example part list - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/7Yjkqs

Then there's used or refurbished PC's but obviously the deals are highly variable and many of them are ex-office PC's and quite unsuitable for games..

Edited by jonuk76, 22 September 2014 - 06:33 AM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#5 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

I reckon you can put together a system based on AMD's A8-7600 APU

I forgot how powerful/cost efficient AMD's APU's are. Thumbs up on bringing that up, as well as everything else stated.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users