Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot drive

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 al1323al

al1323al

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

I received an error message when I tried to boot up my Computer, "no boot drive has been detected".

What should I do to get WIN 7 back to operating properly?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,932 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer,

Make sure you don't have any flash drive or external Hard Drive connected because that error could be the BIOS trying to boot from other device instead of the internal HDD.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

As mentioned above, that is the most common occurrence, when you have a USB device, usually a flash drive connected and the computer tries to boot from it.

If this isn't your problem, please post the make and model of your machine.

All is well in Paradise.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

If the hdd is the first device in the boot order you should only get this message if there is a problem with the operating system or the hdd.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Techwork

Techwork

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Enter your BIOS and check the BOOT order. Your HDD should be first priority. You can properly enter your BIOS by pressing F2 or del when your turn on your computer.

Best regards

Thomas
wb2.png

Twitter | Facebook Fan page | YouTube | Google+

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

The boot order in the BIOS can be set so that the first boot device is either the HDD which has the operating system installed on it or the DVD/CD drive.

If the BIOS boot order has the DVD/CD drive designated as the first device and the HDD the second device in the boot order it the BIOS will look for a bootable disc, if one isn't found the BIOS will move on to the second device, this would be the HDD in the order I suggested.

If either of these choices have been implemented you will not need to change the boot order. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Laith225

Laith225

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

1. Change the boot order.

If that dosen't work then Windows 7 has been complety removed from the HDD/SSD. 

But a little bit that is keeping my mind is that it says "NO BOOTABLE MEDIA FOUND"

if windows 7 was complety removed from the HDD/SSD then it would say example.sys or example.dll is missing windows cannot boot up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users