Please post what you have tried so we don't make suggestions which you have already tried.
Hi. Thanks for replying.
Over two months ago I used Tweaking Windows Repair (All in One). I forget where I found this suggestion since it was a long time ago (in my mind). Windows Update still did not work, however. Since my laptop was still working anyway and I was frustrated by all the failed updates, I left it alone until about a few days ago.
I have tried changing my antivirus from AVG to Avira, since AVG seemed to have problems with my firewall settings. I have tried re-running Tweakings again. Both Avira and MBAM say my laptop is clean. I have tried Microsft Fix It Tool 50123 for troubleshooting, however it encountered an unexpected error after installing (Code 2738). To counter that I tried installing the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 x64-based Systems (KB947821), as suggested in Microsoft Support. However, whenever I try to install it, it always stops at "initializing", no matter how many hours have passed.
Frustrated, once more, I tried manually resetting my Windows Update components (I chose to do this manually after the automatic reset offered by th Fix It Tool failed me as well). While doing this I found that some DLL files were missing, specifically these DLL files:
I pushed forward anyway. Microsoft Support listed installing the Windows Update Agent after resetting my Windows Update components. However, it did not go past the initializing stage once more. I tried opening Windows Update anyway and found that it was working! I first installed the oldest update needed (dated 2011) and worked my way up until 2012. I installed these updates by date going from oldest to most recent. When I got to 2013 updates, however, 4 updates failed, citing authentication errors as the cause. I rebooted and tried to download those four updates once more, but this time Windows Update would always stay at 0% downloading. As suggested in the Microsoft Support site, I clicked on "Check for Updates" so that I can type in my authentication credentials, but this time Windows Update could not check for new updates, citing some new error (I remember 80080005 and 8002EE2), but I did as Microsoft Support suggested with that error. With every suggestion however, I end up with a new error, until I finally got stuck with 80072F8F. When I checked "Installed Updates", only 14 are listed instead of the 50+ I should already have had.
I have tried resetting my Windows Update components again, hoping that I might get back to a working Windows Update but to no avail. I'm still stuck with error 80072F8F even though my date and time is right and is synced with time.windows.com
I don't remember all the specific things I did so I'm not sure if what I wrote helps. I hope it does.