Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

network utilization

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rhamaxis

rhamaxis

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

I have windows xp sp3. In the task manager under networking theres network utilization. Its never over 4% (for either wireless or local) is this for what the computer is using? And im have my xbox connected to internet through my computer. Would that ahow up on the utilizer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:12 AM

The network utilization is just showing you how much of the network you are using at a given time. It is normal for it to be a low amount unless you are doing tons of network/internet related functions (which even then it can still be quite low). If you are using internet sharing from your PC to your Xbox, it should show utilization of that device as well. Personally on my PC I have never seen it go beyond 10%, even when heavily downloading or sending files to my NAS drive.

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users