Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm doing as I'm told: Saying hello!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 bravestarr5

bravestarr5

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:51 AM

Just saying hello :thumbsup: and nothin else. Well maybe a lil' bit.

I'll post my problem in a moment when I'm finished this.

This is my first post to this forum, I've been frequenting virtualdr.com for a while and have had some success in solving my problems. I've a new one which you can check out in the relavent section. I've no idea about the html or vb code yet, I use ebay and can use their html tags but how I don't wanna make my first post look a load o'CRAP with dodgy tags all over the place.

Anyway enough waffle I'm a newbie here, you can tell, right? But I'll be offering my advice too, I can do a lot of stuff on a PC and as I'm sure you're all aware a PC problem has nothing to do with a persons level of experience.

ta ta for now, bravestarr5

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:57 AM

Welcome to BC! Looks like not many members are on because of thanksgiving........

Whats your skill level? HJT or pc? You said you will be offering advice......

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 26 November 2004 - 01:41 AM

But I'll be offering my advice too, I can do a lot of stuff on a PC and as I'm sure you're all aware a PC problem has nothing to do with a persons level of experience.

Well said, bravestarr5, and welcome to where we do talk about PC's. I'll be listenin' for your advice. I've made more problems with some of the programs I've endeavored to learn than malware can pose, perhaps. And Microsoft has made a miracle in progress that would be a challenge to even the most knowledgeable person when taking into consideration all the permutations that can exist on top of it, huh? :thumbsup: If ignorance were bliss, which I don't think is the case, I'd still have to settle for selective understanding is moderately enjoyable or maybe unawareness giving way to fuller appreciation in due time is tolerably comfortable. Help us learn. That'd be :flowers:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#4 diggem

diggem

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:24 AM

Welcome to the BC family brave !!!!!! :thumbsup:
God Bless,
Diggem

#5 bravestarr5

bravestarr5
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:26 AM

Thanx for the welcomes guys but I think that maybe you've got the wrong idea about me. I don't have a large ego but I am very capable of working my way around my self-assembled from scratch PC, but maybe not quite the calibre of technician you may be thinking of. There are some things however I don't think I'll ever get the hang of. For example I had a problem with my screen resolution: I like it to be set at 1024x768 with 32bit colour but it got stuck on 640x480 with 256 colours and (maybe due to my graphics card)would 'black-out' whenever I selected the Screen settings. After trying many uninstallations and reinstallations, of Windows as well as drivers etc., I might add, nothing worked. Nobody could help. Then out of nowhere when trying yet another reinstallation of the graphics drivers it worked. It took weeks to sort out an din the end it seemed like it was a totally random solution.

Anyway this was only meant to be a little note, speak to you soon. You wouldn't know where I could post a multimedia problem, would you?

bravestarr5

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:58 AM

Sometimes repeitition solves a problem. You might try posting it in "other applications" if you think best. What is good about this forum is that most of us have had, in one way or another, problems that we have spent time figuringing out how to solve, and we can point you in the right direction and save you time.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#7 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 28 November 2004 - 09:26 AM

Welcome bravestarr5!!

I know exactly how you feel about problems just 'fixing' themselves. You would not believe the situations that even to this day, I do not understand how they were fixed :thumbsup: .

Anyway this was only meant to be a little note, speak to you soon. You wouldn't know where I could post a multimedia problem, would you?

Other applications is a good forum for that, as jgweed said. You could even start it in the hardware forum, as it could be related. I do ask that you only post it only in one forum. Just because it is in one forum, does not mean that other members will not see it.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users