Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DELL charge socket rapid clicking sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheNoochM

TheNoochM

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 07:12 PM

So its been a week since ive touched my laptop(dell inspiron 5437). Last nigti tried to turn it on, but i think the laptop ran out of battery so i plugged in the charger/adapter. But, when i turned on the charger, the charger socket in the laptop made a rapid clicking noise. The power brick green light is on as normal though. Anyone got a solution?

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:35 PM

Welcome,

Did you try to boot it with the AC plugged in and the battery removed? Also, how old is the system and is the battery the same age or has it been replaced?

Thanks

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 TheNoochM

TheNoochM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

I tried to boot with the ac plugged in and the battery removed, but it didnt work and the socket was still clicking. I bought the system like about a year ago and i havent replace anything so the battery is still the stock.

Mat

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

Mat,

I really don't like that clicking sound. There are so many possible causes. If it's still under warranty you might contact Dell tech support and see if they can walk you through a diagnostic to determine the problem. I've had good luck with them in the past. 

Keep us posted

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#5 TheNoochM

TheNoochM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

Yeah i'm actually going to go to the service center. By the way thanks for your support!

Mat

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

Mat,

You are most welcome.

Let us know how it goes