Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Total System Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jen42

Jen42

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

My computer won't start up properly. It brings up a blue screen with the words "fatal system error", along with other stuff and the number oxc0000005. The only way I can get it running at all is in safe mode.

Please help urgently

Jen

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:34 PM

Have you tried booting to windows last known good configuration?

Edited by Uraiser, 08 June 2006 - 06:35 PM.

#3 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

After doing a bit of research on that specific code, I came up with a conclusion. It may or may not be right.

Have you plugged any new USB connections in recently? if so, disconnect them and start up, see if that works. and when was the last time you updated windows? From what I've found, this is a USB malfunction code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users