Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zip files

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

My computer skills are just average. Can you put me in the right direction for tutorials on zip files? I cant do them. The last one I downloaded, it,s gone I don't know where it,s at. Thanks, Chuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hi,

To find a file, that you have not deleted, just use the search feature to find *.zip

Windows has a utility that will compress or decompress almost anything you can think of.

.ZIP files are used to move executable [.exe & .com files] past firewalls that block such things

They are also used to reduce the size of a file, or group of files

There are also fee and free .ZIP programs. All do similar things with some differences in the user interface and ease of use

Be careful if you elect to download one. Third party sites are known to 'enhance' your download with things that might cause you to have to visit the experts over in the malware removal forum

Hope this helps. If you have more questions please ask

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

My skills are average also,so I google it and find there are answers and tutorials for everything.

#4 Guest_Chuck racer_*

Guest_Chuck racer_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

My computer skills are just average. Can you put me in the right direction for tutorials on zip files? I cant do them. The last one I downloaded, it,s gone I don't know where it,s at. Thanks, Chuck

solved

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Glad to hear that all is well now

We'll be here when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe