Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

An important ISIS threat!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

Please take a moment to do a net search on the threat to US troops at home, I feel this threat will broaden to all military personal that oppose ISIS.  We now are realizing ISIS is larger than many nations military forces, only the future will tell of what the world faces!

One of many net links:  http://nypost.com/2014/09/17/isis-threatens-us-troops-in-disturbing-war-trailer/

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

We are dealing with ISIS threats in Australia now.

Australia foils Islamic State 'demonstration killings' plot

The police should have just shot them no arrests.

These so called people are a bigger threat to humanity than Hitler was.  They need to be stopped now.  Open up Guantanamo Bay make it bigger and let the Marines have some fun.

Its a shame that ISIS is too cowardly to fight soldiers, No these cowards kill unarmed civilians. You watch when our military goes in to fight them, these cowards will hide behind women and children.

Final note.

These people are not Muslim, I know quite a few Muslims and they are peaceful and kind people. ISIS is just a bunch of blood thirsty murderers.

Sorry I can't say anything more this thing boils my blood.

Edited by NickAu, 10 March 2015 - 09:06 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#3 georgehenry

georgehenry

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

In my opinion because of the way the ISIS conduct their lives, it is now time to throw away all civilised behavior in dealing with them. The only way to stop a person that doesn't care if he dies, is to kill him before he kills you. Anyone that thinks that is too extreme should be given access to ISIS and told to try to talk them out of their brutality.

#4 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,695 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:19 AM

One reason the 'Islamic State' has expanded so rapidly is that Iraqi troops are too scared to fight ISIS, because of their reputation for inflicting gruesome deaths on their opponents and taking no prisoners.

I also know many Muslims and they are also friendly and kind people. But while many Muslims would rather live in secular countries with secular governments (even if like the UK they are still officially 'Christian' countries), there is no such thing as separation of religion and state in Islam, and an Islamic state is defined as a Caliphate, which is precisely what ISIS claims to be creating. And it is a hugely popular idea:

An in-depth poll [in 2007] of four major Muslim countries has found...

...Two-thirds would even like to "unify all Islamic counties into a single Islamic state or caliphate."

While a majority of Muslims throughout the world may disapprove of ISIS methods, the fact that while fighting Assad in Syria, ISIS has spread so rapidly with relatively few fighters, through the Sunni areas of Iraq where the US previously employed over 100,000 'Sons of Iraq' to fight on their side against Al Qaeda, indicates that the majority of people who live there would probably rather be ruled by ISIS than by the corrupt Shia government in Baghdad.

I gather that the same was true during the original Islamic conquests, in that the reason the original caliphate expanded so fast is that a majority of the people in the countries that were conquered, saw the new Muslim rulers to be preferential to the monarchs etc that they lived under at that time. The same could even be said for the Nazis during WW2 in some countries in Eastern Europe, where they were welcomed by a majority of the population who regarded them as 'liberators,' freeing them from communism.

In the event that ISIS succeeds, it would be a 'return to the norm' in the middle east as it existed from the time of the Islamic conquests up until the end of WW1, when the UK and France along with Russia, split it up into 'countries' that they could more easily dominate, with little regard for the people who lived in them.

One thing I've noticed is that while all of our 'enemies' in the middle east have their differences, they all stand/stood for roughly the same thing. The ideology of ISIS is identical to that of Al Qaeda, in that a caliphate with strict Sharia law should be established by violence, while the Ba'ath party of Saddam and Assad stood/stands for a more modern secular version, and the Muslim Brotherhood's ideology is based on establishing a moderately Islamic democratic version. Even the Shia Ayatollah in Iran has called for an 'Islamic power block' to oppose the west, and Iran had relatively good relations with the Sunni Muslim Brotherhood during it's brief time in elected government in Egypt, before it was overthrown by the US/Saudi backed Egyptian military in a coup.

While our 'friends' in the middle east are mostly oppressive dictators that toe the line regarding US foreign policy, in return for their own protection.

What I find particularly interesting is where Israel stands on all of this. While it claims to be neutral, it has carried out some airstrikes and artillery attacks against Assad's forces, and it has a well-established IDF hospital in the Golan Heights where they provide first class medical treatment to any injured 'rebels' who can make it to the border between Syria and the occupied Golan Heights; no ID required. Netanyahu has also recently tried to downplay ISIS by comparing it to Hamas, wanting the west to focus on (Shia) Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program.

Although that doesn't mean to say that Israel supports ISIS, it does seem evident that they don't want to make them their enemy. Even if ISIS doesn't succeed, I reckon its only a matter of time before whoever comes after them does, and it looks like Israel reckons so too.

#5 Ezzah

Ezzah

• Members
  • 438 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:43 AM

All these terrorists groups utilise their religion to hide behind to justify their actions, which many people end up believing, and hence hate to Muslim people in general. 

These people just want to see the world burn, and they present a fundamental threat to the general public (with all the beheadings), which is utterly disgraceful. Recently, Australian police arrested a couple hundred accomplices, believed to be in plot with ISIS. They were planning to kidnap a random person off the street and perform a beheading. This is utterly scary and MUST be dealt with.

mYIGVc5.png

#6 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

and look at where ISIS is today... NickAU you remember the cafe siege in Sydney a couple of months ago? They have done plenty more worse stunts and soon it will become war (if it isn't already depending on what you call war) they need to go down....hard

they call me te java mayster

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

Now four marines in Tennessee with possible ISIS inspiration, People around the globe must be more diligent and speak up when the think someone might be associated with bad factions.  In all nations all must realize they are "HERE" just waiting to inflict terror!  This will get worse before the powers that be get into gear, this is non negotiable it is a done deal to kill off infidels! 

#8 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,241 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

All these terrorists groups utilise their religion to hide behind to justify their actions, which many people end up believing, and hence hate to Muslim people in general.

Well put Ezzah.

My Rant.

We hate them, They hate us, We fear them, They fear us, and its all being fuelled by the media, and stoked by political/religious leaders on both sides because they say things like " Vote for me " or " Follow me in the name of........." and I will protect you.  Fear feeds up on fear, and what do we fear the most? That which we don't understand. 

Only understanding can bring peace, Its only when both sides understand and respect each other that we will see that the other guy is not so bad that the killing will stop.

Sure there are bad people on both sides, and the bad people can sometimes be in charge here or there and do horrid things in the name of this or that, But we must rise above all that, Look at your neighbour as a person not as  " Insert tag here ".

If you see a man or woman in traditional dress don't stare, or suddenly look away if he/she looks in your direction, Try saying hello, or nodding politely. Quite often you may find they say hello back. Its a start. 

The more we get to know each other, The more myths, propaganda and fear  are disregarded on both sides, The less power the evil people have.  Terrorism is just the latest tool in the isms toolbox used to spread fear and gain control by dictators now throw in some false sense of pride and maybe some religion.... Hitler did it by convincing Nazi's well you know the story Hitler was worshipped, Communism replaced  religion with the party, Capitalism replaced religion with the Dollar, add to this a brutal conman wanna be dictator with a thirst for blood who knows the right words to say, and we have this mess.

People need to feel like they belong somewhere, and if you can create a state of fear on the one hand while on the other hand saying " live like me " or " Vote for me " and you will have....... while stroking the ego a bit?

Like I said my rant.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

#9 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,117 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

Nick very well put!  I ask anyone to look around to those they deal with, surprise many are Muslims, go to any hospital there are many saving lives and what ever.  My rant is about the general Muslim population, many know who the bad or soon to be bad guys are.  It is high time they also joined the with the people of the world to get things under control and at the same time gain the full respect of others! 

#10 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

my rant is that they just shouldn't be here....

they call me te java mayster

#11 PGHinBKK

PGHinBKK

• Members
  • 339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

The real problem is that the leaders of (at least) the US and other countries are too worried about protecting their jobs, hence their desire to be seen as PC, no matter what the cost. The mindless voters who ignore reality, and don't follow the news, don't want them to be 'cruel' etc. etc., ignoring the fact that fire sometimes must simply be fought with (greater) fire.  If the overly-complacent voters in the US would get their heads out of their behinds, they would realize that, unlike many of the conflicts into which we have been drawn in the past because of political ties or protecting someone's monetary interests (can you spell 'Bush', anyone?)  this is a war which should and MUST be fought. We have the weapons, and I'm sure there are not too many Marines who would balk at the chance to take out these cowards in a straight-ahead fight. But the leaders (including our own Muslim-in-denial president) don't want to engage in this type of action.

Edited by PGHinBKK, 18 July 2015 - 01:38 AM.

Life is strange......and then there's Thailand....

#12 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:33 AM

I wonder what the world would look like if this never happened:

Sykes–Picot Agreement

Edited by Bezukhov, 18 July 2015 - 07:33 AM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#13 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,241 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

Every time something like this happens Melbourne streets shut down as conflicting protests clash outside state parliament The bad guys win.

And anyway humans will always find a reason to kill each other, Yesterday we called it  Hitler or Communism or some other tin pot dictator, Today its ISIS and terrorism, Tomorrow it will be Food war, or Resource war, But regardless of what it is called blood will flow.

Like the Terminator says.

Arch Linux .

#14 djkea

djkea

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:04 AM

its all just a matter of time. Trump/Fiorino.  I would bet they will be lovers,  make excellent P/VP combo!

Edited by djkea, 30 December 2015 - 05:08 AM.

#15 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 30 December 2015 - 12:00 PM

One of the biggest problems facing us today in the western world is the fact we don't have any leaders worth 2 cents, they are all blab and nothing done and with the coming Presidential election looming in the USA it even looks worse. And of course we also have the do- gooders which is anything but a help.

Sorry folks but that's the way I see it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users