Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 system update the failure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Madmaner

Madmaner

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:20 AM

My laptop is Thinkpad t440p.Windows 7 configure update to fail."failure configuring windows updates.reverting changes. Do not turn off the computer,"How to solve .Thank you!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:31 PM

Welcome,

I'm still on IE 10 and have removed the check mark from the auto new version box. You might want to consider going into Control Panel -> Programs and Features and deleting / uninstalling IE 11. This will reinstall IE 10 and then you can uncheck the box that you'll see when you go Help -> About

After that I'd shut down, have a cup of tea and then power up and run Windows Update and see what happens

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,212 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

Only two of your list of failed updates actually relate directly to IE 11. Updates do fail from time to time but I haven't heard of any significant problems with the September batch.

Just a suggestion, but go into Windows updates in Control panel change your setting to 'Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.', then run 'Check for updates'. This will produce a list of available updates. De-select them all, then select two or three of them and click install. If these install properly, then repeat the process from 'Check for updates' for the next two or three, and so on until you have finished.

Tedious I know, but it usually works, and if there is an update which is causing the problem you can identify it much more easily this way.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users