Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 will boot in safe mode but not in normal mode

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Batdan554

Batdan554

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

I'm dealing with a windows 7 professional 32-bit operating system for a client of mine, ive tried everything to get their profile to boot but it keeps freezing after you put in the credentials. I have tried everything from combo fix to Microsoft root-kit  tools but no luck.    

i have  even cloned the hard drive and thrown it into another machine just to see if it is the motherboard or ram. I'm stumped and need some input.

Thanks   

Batdan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

If you create a new account in safe mode, can you log into it in normal mode?

#3 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

Hello there,

Do you get the "blue screen error" in normal mode?

Edited by masterthemachines, 19 September 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#4 Batdan554

Batdan554
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:34 AM

@JohnC_21 I have tried that and the new account locks up as well

@masterthemachines  no blue at all, at first when the client described the problem that was my initial thought but diving deeper into the system it just freezes when you log into the user profile and the admin account   

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:50 AM

In safe mode open the run box and start msconfig. Under the startup tab uncheck anything related to security software. I would look under the services tab also after checking the box to hide Microsoft services. If that doesn't work, I would start disabling startup and service items until you find one that is causing the problem.

#6 Batdan554

Batdan554
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

I'm starting to think that there might be a clash between MS security software and the Trend office scan. as soon as the MS malicious software scan ill turn them off and see what happens.

#7 Batdan554

Batdan554
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

so disabling all of the security software does not do anything still freezes upon log in, but everything still works like a charm in safe mode and safe mode with networking. 

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

I would then disable your other startup entries and non-microsoft services using msconfig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users