Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop Background Will Not Change

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 erickman

erickman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

I had a serious attack on my computer and sense that time the Desktop Background will not allow me to change it. The background that was there before the attack will appear during the startup of the computer but when the computer is almost finished and the icons began to appear the desktop background will turn blue. I access the display properties, desktop and the buttons are grayed out and the picture descriptions will not highlight or change. When I shut down the computer the previous desktop background will repair briefly as the shutdown begins. I have the latest Norton, Spysweeper and PC tools register cleaner. As I was removing a trojan that was present I turned off my system restore so there is no going back there. My virus software was out of date by 3 months when this happened and is now up to date.

What do you think?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:56 PM

Hi erickman.
See post #13 by Beg4Mercy here.
If you dont see the value, check the same location under HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE too.
Reboot your system.

Edited by HitSquad, 08 June 2006 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users