Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am under attack!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sudsy

sudsy

• Members
  • 452 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:35 PM

Wow, I have had a run of problems with my three machines running Win 7. I bought the "family pack" years ago.

First my Notebook (MSI dual core Intell)  wouldn't boot past the windows logo screen. I got real frustrated and went out and bought a new notebook on sale at Best Buy with Win 8 (hated it) and have since returned it. I finally got wise enough to start the machine in SAFE MODE and "go to the last known good boot-up point". That seemed to recover this machine with a little more touch-up.

Then my Asus netbook (PC1015PE) went a little stupid and is still acting crazy. It seems to get fragmented just sitting there and it takes forever to do a disk defrag. Took it on a cruise last week and sometimes I had to restart it several times a day.

Now my Asus K8V Deluxe desktop machine crashed and I have had to reinstall Win 7 which is now running 169 updates. It made a file called "Windows.old" that I sure hope I can somehow use to recover my settings and documents.

Any ideas about all of this anyone?

My HTC cell phone also had to be replaced after getting into a start/restart dew-loop.

what a couple of weeks.

Steve

UFO pilot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Aberrant

Aberrant

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:22 AM

I don't think you're some on malicious attack because based on the symptoms that you've stated, you're having a boot problem on your first netbook and disk problem on your Asus netbook. Most nebooks are pre-installed with Windows OEMs packed with tons of bloatware that makes your system hangs a lot.

Netbooks are really slow which is prone to lags and the startup time is extremely tedious. I once have a samsung netbook with an Atom processor which I ended up replacing Windows with a light Linux distro (ZorinOS Lite). Fast forward, the performance really improved and I was able to surf with several tabs without lags and it only eats small resources as per RAM and cpu usage.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

Those all appear to be normal situations that computer users experience at some time...the fact that 3 different systems had 3 different problems does not seem extraordinary to me.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users