Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Partitioned.. And Now A Problem..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Uraiser

Uraiser

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

Hello, I decided last night that I wanted to partition linux. After doing so, I came to discover that the version I had wasnt complete. So I formatted that partition using powerquest's partition magic rescue disks.. Once that was finished, I went to boot back into windows, but it was just a black hanging screen. I figured that ntldr had been moved beyond the 2 GB boundary and that windows wasnt going to load. So I popped in the rescue disk again, my partition was still there, windows was still on it, but it wouldnt load. So I turned my ocmputer off and went to sleep, it had been a long night. I got up this morning and started working. I deleted the partition since it had pretty much become useless, and created a new partition with a 7mb swap space. Well, after all that was done, I loaded up windows, everything was working fine. I installed Partition magic again to regain the lost space in my hard drive, and now I get an error that says "this partition crosses the 1024 cylinder boundary and may not be bootable".

Plus I get an error #1523 "cluster beyond end"

There is no error number for the first message, it just says that whenever i try to redistribute free space. Please help..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Uraiser

Uraiser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 254 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:26 PM

Nevermind, fixed it. Had a bad sector so I let Chkdsk scan and fix it. thanks for anyone that took time to look at this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users