Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Game problem.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sceadugenga

sceadugenga

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:50 PM

I've mentioned earlier that I play Age of Kings on my PC which is not exactly hard on memory but lately I have a game quality problem.

The game has a slight hesitation that an inexperienced gamer probably would hardly notice but it drives me nuts.

I use windows 7 and have changed the settings to high performance with a very slight improvement.

Had a major clean up, all recently downloaded programs are gone, ran Malwarebytes and closed all those little programs that run at start up.

Zilch.

Just checked my RAM and noticed that only 3.05 of the 4gb is available is this usual?

I have an original disk plus a downloaded version, both have the same problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:57 AM

Make sure everything is on-the-wire, internet (if playing online), keyboard and mouse.

Shut down all unnecessary programs.

Snooze or disable your AV.

See how it runs now.

IIRC, on a x32 system you will only have ~75% of RAM showing as available.

#3 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

Sounds like a case of micro stuttering which for me was caused by Origin,steam,ubisoft. It is a well known problem and in nearly all cases the person suffering from them most likely blames their hardware in their computer. I was frustrated with this issue on many occasions and after some long long trial and error attempts i finally narrowed it down to the bugs in downloaded games and trust me these 3rd party downloading headaches are full of them. In my case, once i deleted origin,ubisoft and steam and then reinstalled (NOT DOWNLOADED THEM)i had absolutely no micro stuttering and all my games now run the way they should straight of the disc with NO internet connection needed.jUST REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO GET RID OF YOUR SAVED FILES AND START AGAIN that way your bugs are gone. Thats where the problem started for me.Having said that, there are games like Crysis3 for example, that need an internet connection to be installed but they are the games i will not buy on PC as like i said once you introduce a third party all your troubles start. My advice is to play only games which can run of your disc without an internet connection on PC and leave the rest to xbox or ps3. This is my opinion after a lot of headaches and now i even have a smooth running computer withpout bugs and my games run like they were meant to without a hitch. That is the truth. :thumbsup2:

Edited by grassy, 19 September 2014 - 09:09 PM.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#4 sceadugenga

sceadugenga
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for this.

Is AV antivirus?

I don't seem to have any of the programs mentioned in the second post.

#5 ElfBane

ElfBane

• Members
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:56 AM

Thanks for this.

Is AV antivirus?

I don't seem to have any of the programs mentioned in the second post.

AV is anti-virus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users