Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Desktop without icons, task bar doesn't show up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nahemah

nahemah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Hello,

After I returned from holidays I turned on my PC just to find out I couldn't see any icons and the task bar didn't show up either. Every time I ctrl + alt + del a black screen shows up (when I click ESC it goes back to the desktop).

I already tried to format the computer, only to have the same problem happen over and over again. I don't know what to do anymore :/ help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:32 PM

Hello, and Welcome

You have formatted the computer, installed Windows 7, and you still get the blank screen with no icons, correct?

I would first download Seatools for DOS and do a disk diagnostic. You will need to burn the iso file by Right clicking the file in Windows 7 and select Burn Image. You may have to change AHCI mode to IDE in BIOS if Seatools does not detect your drive. After the test, set the mode back to AHCI.

If the drive passes I would then do a Memory test using memtest86+. You will need to burn the iso also. Let it run for at least 6 passes and preferably overnight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users