Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AFTER RUNNING A DISC IMAGE FILE WINDOWS COULD NOT REPAIR IT!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Marioo

Marioo

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

So windows could not repair mys system after runing disk image file (iso). start up repair >>>  windows cannot repair your system automaticlly, If you recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer, If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator.

in fact I have not any device installled such as a camera (which came with vaio  webcam companion 3 ) and a portable music player...........I can not understand it...........could it be a virus.........!!!!!   Thanks!!!

Edited by Marioo, 18 September 2014 - 02:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

What was the disc you used ?

You say a 'disc image file (iso)'. If this was the raw .ISO file that you downloaded then it won't work - it has to be split up into its component files to be usable. To do this you need software like ImageBurn to turn the image file into the working files. You can get ImageBurn (a free download) here -

http://www.imgburn.com/

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

I do not really know about  "raw ISO"  and was not advised about imgburn.  All I did was to download from the site MY  DIGITAL LIFE and burn it acording to the instructions  givem by a moderator.  Is it really necessary to do it in another way  because already have on my system DVD RW Drive (E):  which burns disks and files whatever  as well   I have  a  system image file iso from MY DIGITAL LIFE .  Thanks a lot  and hope you do not forget me  while I wait for new instructions!!!   sk;;; mario_sp23

Edited by Marioo, 20 September 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,214 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

OK, let's see if I can explain. When you download an ISO file from My Digital Life or Digital River or any of the Linux distributors it comes as one big file - a bit like a big ZIP file. You cannot install or run anything from a ZIP file, it has to be 'unzipped' first, and it is the same with an ISO file except that applications like Winzip, Winrar and 7-zip won't work in this case. This is why you need an application like ImageBurn because it is capable of opening out all the files that are wrapped up inside the ISO file.

It may be that My Digital Life prefer a different application to ImageBurn, but you would still have to go through the process somehow.

Assuming that for some reason Windows will not boot on your computer, and you cannot fix the problems by means of 'Safe mode' (normally tap the 'F8' key a few times while the BIOS screen is showing, then select one of the 'Safe mode' options, usually 'Safe mode with networking') then you need either a Windows repair disc or a Windows install disc. Note that the Windows repair disc comes in two varieties - 32 and 64 bit - and you need the correct one for your system.

You can get instructions for making a repair disc from BC, here -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-a-windows-system-repair-disc/

If the repair disc doesn't work for you, then, assuming you have a valid Win 7 authentication key, you can download an install copy of Win 7 from Digital River and here are the relevant links. Do note that this install copy DOES come to you as an ISO file and will need to be opened up to normal files with something like ImageBurn before you can use it. :-

COA Certificate of Authenticity:

http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

What is the Windows Certificate of Authenticity?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-the-Windows-Certificate-of-Authenticity

Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) - 32 bit

Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) - 64 bit

Windows 7 Professional (x86) - 32 bit

Windows 7 Professional (x64) - 64 bit

Windows 7 Ultimate (x86)* - 32 bit

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)* - 64 bit

32 vs 64 bit

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

You need to download the same version as the one your computer is already running, that's why all the different llinks !

Chris Cosgrove

#5 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

There appears to be a bit of a communication problem here.

From what I understand, you downloaded the Win 7 ISO from Digital River, put a blank DVD in your burner, right clicked on the ISO file and chose the "Burn to disc" option, correct?

Upon installing the system, it won't boot and repairing it doesn't help.

Have I got it straight?

BTW: You shouldn't use the RW type DVD's as they are known to screw up with frequency.

The RW's are re-writable.

What you want and need is the type called DVD R.

PS: No, it wouldn't be a virus on a new installation.

If my assessment (see above) of what happened is accurate, then I'd suggest re-burning the ISO file on a DVD R and re-installing the system,

Edited by rockysosua, 20 September 2014 - 06:14 PM.

All is well in Paradise.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

The OP has been using registry cleaners (as evident in his previous threads) and possibly damaged his system through their use.  There also appears to be a communication problem which possibly led to frustrating others who have tried to help him before.  I have a sneaky feeling that a Windows reinstall is needed.

Edited by Agouti, 20 September 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#7 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for the info, Agouti.

All is well in Paradise.

#8 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Well my first step was I run sfc/scannow and it could not repair corrupted files.  Then I could not restore my system as always I did and it  says the system was not restored!  I have vaio-care since I boughtl this computer maybe that is the problem  because it has a defrag tool.  Then I downloaded  the iso file from  MY DIGITAL LIFE    and burned it to a disk.  Then I entered bios and could not repair the system as I said above.  The main problem is that I did not make a RECOVERY DISK  OR  CREATE A SYSTEM REPAIR DISK until now. Should I try to create RECOVERY DISK OR SYSTEM REPAIR DISC???  If I have this sort of problems   what are the steps I should follow!!   Thanks so much!!

#9 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

If you do a clean install of Windows 7, you can create a System Image after you've set it up, so that you can do a full recovery if the need arises in the future.

At this moment in time, you can't make any clean healthy recovery media from a sick computer.

All is well in Paradise.

#10 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

What would be a clean install, is it the same thing as a recovery or not?   Anyway thanks!!  I will follow the step given to me by the moderator.!!!

By the way do I have to installl Baidu antivirus as displayed during  imgburn download???  Help me out about please??

Edited by Marioo, 22 September 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#11 rockysosua

rockysosua

• Members
  • 772 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

A clean install is when you boot up your machine with Windows Media, such as a bootable USB thumb drive or a DVD, then wipe out everything on your hard drive and install a new copy of Windows.

I've never even heard of Baidu AV, so no, you sure as heck don't need it.

There are plenty of other good AV programs to chose from.

All is well in Paradise.

#12 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,214 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

With reference to Post #10, there is a lot of good and useful software available on-line - free-ware, share-ware and pay-ware - but, particularly with the first two, people very often bundle other software with the download that you neither need nor want !

ALWAYS choose the 'Custom' or 'Advanced' install option. This usually allows you to avoid the bits you don't want. Never choose the 'Automatic' or 'Easy' install route - this guarrantees that any bundled software will be installed. Chrome is a good example. It's a good browser, a lot of users swear by it, I installed it once deliberately just to have a look  at it. But I must have unintentionally installed - and uninstalled it - at least half a dozen times.

Chris Cosgrove

#13 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

I choose ASHANPOO  but have not downloaded to my system I am so unsafe about this  .........wish could repair my system for later create a recovery and repair disk after that........is it possible???

I tryed to run imageburn but it has baidu antivirus and last time it showed up  was virus........stilll  registered on the register, by the way should I delete it from register!!!   Thanks!!!

What  would you advise me about  downloading ASHAMPOO?  Is it a good one?  Is it possible to have both of them working fine!!!????

Edited by Marioo, 22 September 2014 - 02:56 PM.

#14 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,214 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

According to this review -

http://www.pcworld.com/article/231987/ashampoo_burning_studio_6_free.html

Ashampoo can convert an ISO file to usable files and seems fairly well thought of. It will do what you need, so go ahead and try it.

Chris Cosgrove

#15 Marioo

Marioo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 237 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

Well... I have done as you asked me and the same result  came out!!!   start up repair >>>> windows cannot repair your system such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator!!!    

That is all for a while........thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users