Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booting To Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikelivia

mikelivia

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:32 PM

Hi all, My problem is I will be playing a game RPG if that makes a differnce and about a hour in the screen starts to flash but comes back. Then about ten mins after that it boots to a blue screen reading this error. ATI3duag.dll and says Dumping Physical Memory. But sometimes it just boots to a blank blue screen. Any ideas on how to fix it? Im using Windows Xp and its a Dell dimension 8300.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:43 PM

Hi Mikelivia

Does it only happen when you're playing that game? And,when the blue screen comes up,does it remain there or does the PC reboot/crash?
If it does reboot then,I hope im wrong about this,but sounds like the BSOD(Blue screen of death) This happens when you are infected with certain malware and spyware. It can be fixed,but may not be as quick to do as a straight forward solution you are looking for.
You could try downloading ewido from ewido Anti-Malware and scan wth that to see what it finds and fixes,remember to update first though.

I think you may need to repost this in the High Jack This forum in order to get things resolved quickly. Please read the guidelines there first before posting anything,and please be patient,it may take a few days for a reply.Our HJT team are volunteers, but angels in disguise, so it will be worth it.

UPDATE

Just found out there are games, produced by Atari, that is giving this problem to many people, not a serious error, but just an annoyance. No solution is available, reloading of drivers and updates have not worked. So, for now, i will look into an answer.

Edited by graveangel, 08 June 2006 - 01:56 PM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#3 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

Ok The game is Called Guild Wars. When i do see the blue screen it just sits there and i have to turn off the power and turn it back on manual. I will run ewido ill also post this in the high jack forum. Dont worry i can be patient been puting up with this for weeks trying to fix it. Also I had a problem with my video card and i replaced it installed all the drivers and this is when this problem happen. Thanks for the help. ALso about every 5 mins i get a pop up for microsoft saying The system has recovered from a serious error. Please tell microsoft about this problem send error report dont send. Im sure we all have seen it. THis is the error report

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER824b.dir00\Mini060206-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER824b.dir00\sysdata.xml

Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Edited by mikelivia, 08 June 2006 - 02:32 PM.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:10 PM

The information on the following MS support pages may help:

"STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" Error Message from Aspi32.sys
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...b;en-us;Q307128

How to Troubleshoot a STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Error Message
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275678/EN-US/

#5 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:42 PM

uh sorry to ask this but im not really sure what to download. I looked at the link and says download aspi version 4.57 or later. But i follow the link to the site where to download it just cant find where to go from the home page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users