Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question Of The Day(06-08-06)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis H

Dennis H

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:24 PM

Howdy.

I, on occasion, have what I feel is something of value to add to a thread on one of the fishing web sites that I frequent. If I happen to Google up a link that is pertinent than I will cut and paste it.

Question of the day: Is there a way to copy and paste several links at one time ??

What I have been doing is copying and pasting a link and then going back and cutting another link, editing my post and then pasting the second link.

Thanks,
Dennis :thumbsup:

Edited by Dennis H, 08 June 2006 - 01:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:56 PM

Use Notepad to temporarily store the links as you collect them. Then copy and paste all of them at once into the forum.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:33 PM

Albert has a good suggestion. Also if you have a tabbed browser such as Firefox, Opera, or Avant to name 3 in no particular order. You can have your reply to post window in one tab. Your searches in other tabs and add them as you go along. tabbing back and forth. In essence posting links as you find them, live. I will see if anyone else adds if not I'll post later.

Be (Add a Link) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:34 PM

Thanks Albert.

I Googled up notepad and got instructions on where to find it on my computer. I then pasted two links in notepad. I was able to retrieve both and paste them in a thread ! Another major coup for me !

Thank You one and all for your help.

#5 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

Thanks Animal. Apparently I was typing (pecking) as you were adding your reply. My browser is EI.

Good ? Bad ? Indifferent ?

Edited by Dennis H, 08 June 2006 - 02:44 PM.

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

Notepad is great for storeing info. I use it all of the time. You can copy paragraphs from a web site, URLs, quotes from posts, etc, and compile info to formulate your posts - all in Notepad.

I also have many canned speeches kept on Notepad files for some of the same questions that keep popping up here in the forum.

One tip is: If you are going to copy a lot of text, say an entire paragraph, from Notepad and put it into a post on this forum, first make sure Word Wrap is turned off.

Open Notepad > Format Make sure Word Wrap is unchecked.

Notepad can be found:

Windows Key + R > type notepad > click OK

or

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad

PS. Good job on your research! :thumbsup:
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

IE doesn't get a lot of love for several reasons, that we don't have time for. :thumbsup: Firefox and Opera, as well as others, are the leading alternative to IE. Keep IE but just park it and use it for updates or the odd sites that do not render in any other browser. If you want to try tabbed browsing Firefox and Opera are free and worth a test drive.

Be (Alternative Browser) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

and yes I saw you post at the same time, I should have waited.. :flowers:

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

Many of us use and prefer Firefox. It is (at least in my experience) faster than IE in loading pages, it certainly is safer (since it is not part of the operating system unlike IE), and has many more useful features than IE. Moreover, the open source folks at Mozilla make frequent enhancements, and they are much, much quicker to issue a patch for known vulnerabilities than is MS (I hae seen some turned around in less than four days when they are critical).
Firefox itself is well-coded and rather lean; you can, however, install extensions (or plug-ins is another word for them) that can tailor the functionality in the browser to meet your needs,or use it right "out of the box). In a matter of something over a year, Firefox has captured around a 10 percent share (or more) of browser use.

Alas! Because some sites, notably Microsoft Update, will only work using IE (I wonder why that is), and because IE is used by the Operating System, you have to keep it around and keep it patched. You may also need to install JavaRuntimeEnvironment and Flash if they are not installed on your hard drive.

Firefox is free for the download from the good people at Mozilla:

Firefox Home Page

Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:53 PM

IE doesn't get a lot of love for several reasons, that we don't have time for.

I am probably WAY uncool, but I use IE. I happen to like it, and I don't get infected! When IE7 comes out it should close the 'features' gap between IE and Firefox etc. Just don't download and install the beta version. I did and it took a few hours to get my computer back to normal.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

#10 Dennis H

Dennis H
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 893 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

IE doesn't get a lot of love for several reasons, that we don't have time for.

I am probably WAY uncool, but I use IE. I happen to like it, and I don't get infected! When IE7 comes out it should close the 'features' gap between IE and Firefox etc. Just don't download and install the beta version. I did and it took a few hours to get my computer back to normal.

If it takes a person with your computer knowledge a few hours to get your computer running normally, it would probably take me several centuries. :thumbsup: I think I better let a sleeping dog lie.

Thanks Animal and igweed.

I took a tour of the Firefox web site. I guess I am just to timid to change.

Dennis :flowers:

#11 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:28 PM

Hi Dennis H!
Wow,just look what you've shown me Here!
Obviously you are far from timid...and really should give Firefox try!
I've used Firefox for several months now and love it mainly because you can personalize it with the extensions!And I'm almost a newbie!
I think A.F. was talking about the IE7 Beta messing him up for a few hours.
Just my 2 cents :thumbsup:
TMacK
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users