Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Run Programs Unattended on Networked Computers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bwalsh

Bwalsh

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

Hi All,

Im a tech that is pretty new to the administration side of a whole network. I know what programs i want to run, and when i want to run them. But i am really looking for a way to run them on all of the computers in my network at the same time and unattended. I looked a bit into it but it seemed like without knowing what direction to take, the only option was psexec. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to do this? We are running Win 7 desktops on our network just in case. 

Any bit of help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Bwalsh

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Are you running Active Directory?  If so you would use group policy.

If its a peer to peer network than a bit more manual labor is involved.  What is it you want to run?

#3 Bwalsh

Bwalsh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

We have an AD set up. So thats not a problem. I want to run ccleaner, and virus sweeps from our mcafee. Im sure ill expand my list for that later, but this was my main goal. 

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

You should have a firewall like a Sonicwall with spam and av filters/subscriptions are the best way to stop these.  Always best to block at the front door than fight in your living room.

I can't advise you concerning McAfee since this maybe a standalone product.  You can't legally run a single product like McAfee on multiple business machines unless you have the business licenses. Corporate AV has its own server and allows you to control updates and scans via that server.

http://www.shopmcafee.com/store/mfesmb/en_US/DisplayHomePage?CID=MFE-BHP005

I am not aware of any licensing issues with ccleaner so you could script it and then push those scripts out via GPO to run.

Perhaps this will help

http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/363519-run-script-via-gpo

Edited by Wand3r3r, 18 September 2014 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Bwalsh

Bwalsh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

I believe that will definitely help me out! My boss didnt tell me before but we already have mcafee run once a week apparently through our corporate account. So thats settled. But thank you very much!

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Glad to help and best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users