Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Shows Weird Error Screen at Startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BC2014

BC2014

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hi all,

When I start my computer, I get this weird error screen as shown on the image attached. At first, I thought it was a crashed hdd but it won't even procede to the moment of reading the harddisk and Windows. What could this be? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jesseschiffres

jesseschiffres

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

Hello, Do you see a bios screen or any other logical output on your screen besides the lines in the attached picture? 

Also have you tried another monitor on the PC?

#3 BC2014

BC2014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

When I press the power on button, I hear a beep and shortly after that the above screen shows up. After that, nothing happens. No other screens, nothing. The only screen that shows up is the above screen. Nothing before that screen and nothing after.

The monitor works perfectly on another PC.

#4 jesseschiffres

jesseschiffres

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

Does the PC have an add in Video Card or is it using the onboard video card/port? If it is onboard it would appear as if the motherboard(more specifically the GPU) has failed. If it has a secondary video card you can try removing the card from the pc and plugging in the monitor to the onboard video port. 

#5 BC2014

BC2014
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

I tried another add in video card in the computer and it worked! The fan of the other video card had loads of dust in it and couldn't rotate at all. The video card most likely overheated and burned itself.

Thank you very much for your help jesseschiffres.

Problem solved!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users